Oak Ridge Who?

scbballfreak

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me if I'm wrong....but didnt PF play Sevier County in team camp? How many did they lose by? 15? Every single girl on PF's team played quality minutes (7 freshman at the time). It took Coach Huskeys freshman and sophmores days to pick the splinters. PF has been around for 3 years in Varsity ball. With one senior on the team and 3 sophmore starters I think PF deserves credit where it is obvious credit is due. You wait...in a few years..you wont want them on your schedule.

Well, Everyone knows that Coach Huskey plays two different rotations in summer ball...a blue team and a red team. If PF and SC lined up in a regular season game, Sevier County would be playing thier freshman by the second quarter. I do not even understand where youy are coming from...it is like comparing apples to oranges. Pigeon Forge has done a good job for being a new school but 2A ball is very different from 3A ball. Just ask Seymour...a good 2A team but could not even come close to hanging with SC. I did however, see several PF girls at the SC regional and sub-state games...thanks for the support PF girls. SC on the way to state again. Congrates to Seymour for making it to state.

I think Sevier Co. has a great program as well as Oak Ridge they both have great coaches.

As far as Sevier Co. playing PF in regular season I don't think the freshman would have that much playing time. I didn't see it when they played Seymour. Yes they beat Seymour but I didn't see the freshman playing a lot. I would love for our Lady Tigers to Play the She-Bears. How do you ever know what you can do unless you play the best. We played Oak Ridge in the fall and they had their guns that day and we stayed right with them the whole game.

For the record I think Sevier County as a whole had a great year 3 of their 4 girls teams made it to the regionals & 2 of them are going to state. Next year PF will be there and make it 3.

[Edited by jgarrison on 3-8-03 11:02P]

Guest doitnow

this person is an idiot. All they can talk about is OR recruiting players. Has not happened, will not happen as long as Coach Prudden is at OR. She is a class act. More than I can say for some others. Sevier Co. has a fine team just as OR does. Much respected by OR staff and players. I only hope that Sevier Co. players and staff feel the same way toward OR. To heck with the fans.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am tired of this Clinton fan making remarks out of pure jealously, bitterness and Oak Ridge hatred. I don't know you but I know you know me. I am glad I work with the likes of Jill Prudden and the fine coaches that work here to make the kids that attend Oak Ridge High School a better place to go to school and to play sports. This is a message board for people who enjoy high school sports and life in general. It sounds to me that you have way too much time on your hands and that sometime somewhere along the line you have been "wronged" by Oak Ridge. Let these girls enjoy their trip to the state tournament and you move on with your hate and bitterness. The program attracts people to it because of the positive way it is run. To make false statements about a friend of mine of over 20 years makes me angry. Oak Ridge does not have to reqruit, this visit to MTSU this week brings the people that like to be around winners to Oak Ridge. The kids leave Clinton to get away from the likes of you. You are negative and really not good for high school sports in my opinion. Clinton had a good year so enjoy that and cheer on these young ladies from Anderson County as they try to bring another state championship home to the county. Good luck to all of the teams in this years state tournament.

[Edited by DCCATVOICE on 3-9-03 12:42P]

Oak Ridge deosnt recruit- kids choose to play for OR. It's actually very simple- dont't blame OR, but use the energy to improve Clinton. Clinton has been very unstable in the last 10 years in womens basketball, but this year was a breakthrough year, so CHS should be one of the better teams in East Tennessee in the next 2 years, so I would support Coach Snyder ( OSHS alum) and her current group of players to ensure other Clinton youngsters see they can win at Clinton and not have to attent other schools that allow them to reach their potential and have oppurtunities to attent Mboro.

Sorry to post over you DCCATVOICE. Oak Ridge is a great school and has a great sports program. Ms. Prudin has always done a fine job. I am pulling for Sevier County to make it to the finals for a rematch with Oak Ridge. If S.C. doesn't make it that far then my support is for O.R. BUT O.R. does go after players. Don't jump on chsbbfan, he is telling the truth... no really... you are sheltered if you havent heard or seen what is really going on.

Hey Barb, I'm pretty sure that SCHS can hold their own in 5A considering a state championship in 1999 and only 1 missed playoff birth since 1992. If you want to talk about academics, you need to see if Murfeesboro has a "Mathematics State Tournament" going on next weekend. Pigeon Forge has only been a high school for 4 years, it's not fair to judge them in any capacity yet, much less compare them to Sevier County High School.

Thanks Purplepeople,

I hope your girls do well in that first game and beyond. I was really impressed with them and just how badly they beat Oak Ridge last week. The score to me wasn't really the way the game was. As for CHSbbfan, I do respect the fact that they love their school but they also have made half statements and little innuendoes all season long about the Oak Ridge sports program and coaches. The Oak Ridge sports program is dear to my heart and I got tired of reading these things. Not just the girls program but the boys program as well they attack. I am about as close to the program as anybody and I know what is and has been going on with it for over 20 years. I openly tried to get CHSbbfan to share their evidence with me on local TV in Anderson County but they respectively declined. I think in America people are innocent until proven guilty. I say, lets see the proof. If a parent says to another kids parents , hey we love it over in Oak Ridge and that basketball team goes all over the nation to play ect... Is that recruiting? Well, if it is. I am guilty of that because I have asked CHSbbfan to bring his/her daughter over to Oak Ridge to play. When Lynn Burkey was a coach at Oak Ridge he was also a top dog in the AAU program nationally. Did their exposure to him lead them to come over to Oak Ridge? Who knows? Did he ask them to come over here. I doubt it.He is at Farragut now. Give me names and numbers for me to investigate this and I might believe you. I like to see facts before I place judgments on people I don't even know.I am so tired of these jealous rumors being spread.

I am pulling for the two-peat for the Lady Bears if the Oak Ridge girls can't win it. I bet CHSbbfan hopes OR goes down in round one. Which is fine because it is all in fun for most of us. Its about revenge with them. Just show me the facts. I am done posting on this subject until I see some facts.

[Edited by DCCATVOICE on 3-9-03 4:43P]