1A state predictions

TheAnswer9

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that alot of people are picking Temple over the Vikings, but I don't believe it is that cut and dried. PC can play ball no matter what everyone seems to think. Everyone believes we are overrated. You don't get to the State Tournament if you are not a good team. Like a post I read earlier, all of the teams at the tournament are good. That is why they are there. Keep fighting Vikings, you can make it all the way! I also want to wish Summertown good luck.

Who is the 3rd "best team in the top half of the bracket"? Why is everyone counting Cosby out already? This team has had close games a few times and has blew out the rest. They are 29-2. Is that good for nothing? I think with the streak Temple is riding, it will be their downfall. Cosby has been ranked above and with Temple and Perry County all year long, and I had never heard of Trousdale or Mitchell, so I need some explanation with not facts not opinions.

I am picking Mitchell, but I honestly think that all three classes will have a REPEAT champion, with Temple winning class A........

As for Memphis open enrollment.... It is not that they just loaded up on Mitchell. EVERYONE is loaded. White Station's freshman class is LOADED. Hamilton has the best Freshman class in the City with Watkins and Williams. East has a couple of very good Freshmen, as does Ridgeway, among others.... So the point is Memphis is so loaded with talent, everyone has great freshmen talent, accross the board.......

There was a question about a Mitchell's players year. The players that get the most PT for them are : (Powell, 6'3" Fr), (Jones, 6' Jr), (Thornton, 6'4" Fr), (Taylor, 6'6" Jr), (Atkins, 6'3" Jr), (Driver, 6'3" Fr), (Young, 6'7" Fr), (Relliford, 6'4" Jr). Very athletic. Very Big. 2 Seniors that are 3rd string. As one post said, they are a 2A school playing in single A. Which, by the way, Greenfield beat by 10 in the regional championship. Here's my picks:

Mitchell, Perry Co., Greenfield, Crosby

Perry Co., Greenfield

GREENFIELD!!!!

Am I biased? Sure I am. But before you pick against them, remember:

94% thought Peabody would win in Region Semi's

96% thought Mitchell would win in Rehion Final

81% thought Adamsville would win sub-state

Does this mean anything now? No. But one thing it does show is that for all the schedules, articles, game break-downs, etc. that CoachT.com has for us, ther is one stat it does not measure....heart.

Guest KillsAndThrills

Quarterfinals

Mitchell vs. Trousdale Co. - Trousdale Co.

Perry County vs. Temple - Temple

Summertown vs. Greenfield - Summertown

Cosby vs. University School - Cosby

Semifinals

Trousdale Co. vs. Temple - Temple

Summertown vs. Cosby - Summertown

Finals

-Temple vs. Summertown:-

STATE CHAMPIONS -- TENNESSEE TEMPLE

[Edited by KillsAndThrills on 3-11-03 11:44P]

FIRST ROUND:

PREDICTION: Mitchell 69, Trousdale County 52