1A state predictions

TheAnswer9

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predicitons are that the Perry County Vikings will upset Temple. I know the Vikings can beat anybody if they play like they can. I have watched Perry COunty play all year and on games that are big they give it all they got. Alot of the people who are saying Temple have never seen Perry County play and don't know what they have. To all the Summertown players I want to wish you luck too. 12 A has come to Murfreesboro together and I hope it goes to the end together. Remember it is who's hot that will advance. So we will see who is the hottest on the points. Good luck Perry County. Murfreesboro will know the Perry County fans are there for you. The most important thing for all the teams to do is have fun. This is a chance that not many get to do in there high school years. GO VIKINGS.

Guest playerPc

Quarterfinals-

Mitchell vs Trousdale- Mitchell

:)Perry Co.:) vs Temple- :)Perry Co. :)

Summertown vs Greenfield- Summertown

Cosby vs University School- Cosby

Semifinals

:)Perry Co.:) vs Mitchell- :)Perry Co.:)

Summertown vs Cosby- Summertown

Championship

:)Perry Co.:) vs Summertown- :)Perry Co.:)

:)Perry Co.:)

Guest ontheotherhand

That would be great!!! Two teams from "the weakest district" in A in the state championship. I know theyve had some dog fights in the past...hope it turns out this way. Good luck 12a

Quarterfinals

Mitchell vs. Trousdale Co. - Mitchell

Perry County vs. Temple - Perry County

Summertown vs. Greenfield - Summertown

Cosby vs. University School - Cosby

Semifinals

Mitchell vs. Perry County - Perry County

Summertown vs. Cosby - Summertown

Finals

-Perry County vs. Summertown:-

STATE CHAMPIONS -- Perry County

I believe that Perry County and Summertown fans will get the championship match up that they wanted.

[Edited by NCS03 on 3-16-03 6:47P]

I don't really think it will be a Perry Co-Summertown championship since they both lost in the 1st RD--quarterfinals.

I know I only wen 2-2, but I did pick Mitchell--who had to come back and Temple to win it all, so...my champion is still there. I can't believe that Summertown and Cosby lost, but...hey, this is the state.

In the semi-finals:

Temple over Mitchell--no more miracles

University High JC over Greenfield---I'm an old East Tennessean (Kenny Chesney)

Is this truly East Tennessee against West Tennessee??

You have TN Temple--from SE TN playing Mitchell from SW TN in one half of the bracket and in the lower half of the bracket you have University High JC from NE TN playing Greenfield from West TN--not sure the geographic location, but....

Well, I hate to say "I told you so", but I tried to warn all of you about picking against Greenfield. (See previous post by me on page 2 of this thread.)

For the record:

94% thought Peabody would win in Region Semi's

96% thought Mitchell would win in Region Final

81% thought Adamsville would win sub-state

76% thought Summertown would win first round game

Does this mean anything now? No. But one thing it does show is that for all the schedules, articles, game break-downs, etc. that CoachT.com has for us, there is one stat it does not measure....heart.

I appreciate your opinion PointForward (Larry Bird? lol), but, the boys are just taking it one game at a time. That is how they got this far. And certainly you can't look past University School. They have had a great season and are a great team (anyone in the final four is). But if recent CoachT history holds true, the vast majority of you will pick the Yellowjackets to be defeated by the boys from East TN. But that's okay. That glass slipper is fitting pretty good so far. :D