Division I- Division II Split

babybearmom

Guest hipyou

SLingshot, glad you enjoyed my post. I post to please. And no, it's not personal. Wussie is just a term I would use for someone ducking competition. If that doesn't apply, it wasn't directed at you. If that does, it was. By your earlier statement that "some fellas are trying to fix a problem that isn't broken" a assume you are against moving the private non-financial aid giving DI schools into DII, right? I mean, it ain't broke now is it?

It's sort of funny, when you think about it. I mean, here we are at war, friends of mine, and probably yours, are in Iraq, and we are arguing about HIGH SCHOOL wrestling. What a country. I can never be convinced that uniting is a bad thing and I sense that you and sly can never be convinced that dividing is a bad think. Just one more question though, how many wrestlers have you talked to about this? I've yet to find one for the split. Again, sorry if wussie applied to you. Slingshot...that ain't a French name, is it? :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry I never hear of Al Miller or Steve Henry complaining about the playing field being fair and I would bet that their kids would have been mad if they had been denied the opportunity to kick Baylors tail for the last 2 years. Soddy has split with McCallie 1-1 in the last 2 years.In regard to fairness if every one felt the same way Bradley would have fewer schools to wrestle than the D-11 schools because of the advantage they have by having such a large school.Should Bradley spot Cleveland 25 points because they have the advantage of having twice as many students?

Tnmat,

That may have been the best most well thought out post that you have ever made!!!!! I too have ask many people on both sides of the issue if the athletes have ever been questiond about the split and the answer was no. Do the athletes want the split and the answer is no. Do the private or public school state champions feel that they could defeat the champion from the other division and the answer is yes. It has been said before on this board and I will repeat it: The adminstration, parents, and coaches are the only people that want the split and they want it for self serving purposes. Little Johnny can win a state championship and the adults that have never wrestled and know very little about it can go pound their chest and sing to the world that "Little Johnny" won a state championship but they want tell you that he got tech falled in the 1st period by the wrestler that placed 4th in the other division.

Just ask the wrestlers what they want and my guess is that 99.9% will tell the adults to get a grip on life and put everyone back together.

Amen! Preach it CBG!

Well put, and I might add that I also believe there never would have been a split in the first place if it were up to the athletes. I was just a sophomore when the split happened, and I sure don't remember anybody saying "Yipee! We don't compete against them anymore!" and chanting "Long live the split! Long live the split!" I mean, come on. I can't figure out how everyone keeps finding a way to point the finger at someone else, when there's only one catrgory, if you will, of people who are the victims in this case... the wrestlers.