What's the latest at William Blount?

BillBlunt

Gov Kid,

Had that 15 passenger van been a short bus, there might have been a seat for you. (Just Joshin)

Seriously speaking, I really do hope WB gets a Head Coach and you folks can brag of your accomplishments and quit crying about AHS, MHS, GHS, HHS and Everbodyelse recruiting those players that should have been playing at WBHS.

Have you ever driven a van from Panama City to Maryville with just three crazy kids onboard.....Let me tell you, it's a long trip :(:D:(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel Ron...

Sour grapes, me? I don't think so. My children went/go to Maryville! I am just puttin' it out their baby! Gov Man sounds like he knows what he is talking about with the "Chevy Van" thang too!

You need to face reality...the red rebels and even the red "devils" recruit. They do have the program and the tradition that Ted Wilson helped build by recruiting county playaz. I will also call that bluff on MHS playaz that went to any county school and made an impact.

If I am not mistaken the greatest Maryville recruiter of all (Don Sentell)recruited a Friendsville boy named Danny Ray Spradlin. He was not an impact playa at all was he?

Please don't mistake how cute I think these boyz are for any sour grapes. I just want Maryville to draw from their own little pot there around the new Wal-Mart and let the county schools reap the benefits of Lanier, Eagleton, Rockford, Friendsville, etc.

Nobody picked up on the Brett Coulter recruiting slam earlier did they? Love you guys! Tee hee!

By the way, I have one more post Rebel Ron, you are right you don't hear Red Rebel fans cry....unless you are in the stands with them when Barry Mathis, Tom Hatcher, Randy Hooper, or Nelson Russell makes one of their standard horrific calls and then all they do is cry! Did I mention how cute those boyz are in their Uni's? Love you boyz!

Don't worry RebelRon it is just another post that has nothing to do with Maryville that turns into Maryville Bashing session. You know the basic rule if you can't beat em, accuse them of cheating. I have and continue to hope WB has success with their coaching search, regardless of how many rocks are thrown. Speaking of wannabes susie I like the rapper flavor you put in your posts. Cute! If i were WB though i would pass on Phelps and Satterfield both. I would go for some younger new blood. Of course that is just my opinion i could be wrong.

Edited by mhs

I am telling you Lord...I am not anti the red rebels! I have pulled for them for the past 25 years. I have a lot of my friends and my chillin' even going there. I just think the red rebels recruit from all of Blount County. That is a fact, for real! I wish Blount County had just one high school then the county would be unstoppable! Can you imagine Sarah Landers, Cait McMahan, Audra McBrayer and Whitney Anthony all on the same team? Who could beat them. Speaking of Sarah Landers...where did she go to Middle school? Uh oh, yep you are right she is another precious playa from the county! Love you boyz and how those guyz look in those uni's!!!

Where you at Gov Man, no vandalism today?

Wake up little susie! Since you're going back 25 years, you know Wilson wasn't the best recruiter in the county. Rainbow Heatherly, Heritage basketball coach, was. He could recruit with Rodney Garner. He didn't send buses or Charles West Chevy vans, he went to Alcoa and Grade Road and picked up his recruits errr...."playaz" Roddy Turner, Michael Rorex, and Dexter Mahone. Rainbow was seen driving his "guyz" all around the county and especially to and from Heritage High.

Who recruited Landers? Did they send a bus, did Mayor Steve West send a West Chevy van, or did they use the Heatherly (Blount County) method and just go and pick'em up in a station wagon? Give me something fresh.....you know like what "playaz" has Quarles or Hammontree recruited.

I do agree with you on one point. I do like our uni's and the are "cute." But they can't hold a light to those "cute" t-shirts that Blount and Heritage had printed for their '99 game. You know the one's that said, " Regardless of who wins we both screwed err............BEAT Maryville." A proud accomplishment for once in history. With that as their best t-shirt and accomplishment, you know a win over a school smaller than them says it all. Maryville is their measuring stick. No wonder those "guyz" are so DOMINANT in 5A. Go Rebz err...Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

I am not going to say that Maryville recruits one way or the other, but I do know that Sarah Landers was not recruited. She came to Maryville to play for Coach Bledsoe a close family friend of hers.

1old coach did you come home a little early from that Panama City trip a little earlier than the rest of the group with those three you were referring to.

Actually Carl lives in the Alcoa district. His mother teaches in the Maryville system at Sam Houston Elementary and he went there all through school. And remember he didnt play football until he was a freshman.

Edited by mhs

Yep mhs you are correct. Carl was allowed to go to Maryville City Schools because his mom teaches at Sam Houston. TNboy you know like Reese McMahan who lives in the Heritage district was allowed to go to Blount because Earl taught there. Now tell me, who recruited John Lawhon? Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Starz -N- Barz! You da man! Anybody who can come up with the Turner, Rorex and Mahone thang can definitely by my a beer! Speaking of buying me a beer...did we used to date back in the day?

As for Rainbow you are correct again! He broke more than a few rules. I said it once and I'll say it again...I don't think Quarles is breaking the rules or even bending them for that matter! I think he and his program is above board.

You really shut me up on the 3 HHS recruits. Arguably the best basketball team HHS has ever had. However, I still think those boys were county playaz because they did live in Rockford.

Let's talk about me and you going out? Did we? If we didn't we need to now, because I love a man with intellect! Later boyz!

I like HHS old Uni's too! Clint Boling had the cutest butt! Another Rockford boy done good!