Region 3-AAAA

4AFAN

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) knox central ( so much talent returning across the board; the qb has the potential to be better than todd helton).

2) maryville ( a great coaching staff with a few quality players returning like the qb, fb, and few db's. however, the rebs will be inexperienced on the ol, & dl. in addition, they don't have a strong sr class.

3) knox halls ( a young team that will finish strong and might knock maryville out of 2nd place because they usually play maryville very sound).

4) carter ( really, they might just have enough speed to make the playoffs this yr.)

Looking at who returns whom, I would put them in three levels (top to bottom):

1. Central and Maryville

2. Clinton, Powell, and Halls

3. Knoxville West and Carter

Where each team finishes, in my opinion, depends on whose inexperienced players progress the quickest.

Just as it is every year, 3-4A is going to be one of the deepest regions in any classification in the state.

2) maryville ( a great coaching staff with a few quality players returning like the qb, fb, and few db's. however, the rebs will be inexperienced on the ol, & dl. in addition, they don't have a strong sr class.

Hey JPAT55

You and many others are going to be surprised if you believe Maryville has only a few quality players returning. Maryville will be better than last year in the skill positions. The main reason is Alex Rouse. Also, there is a load of tallented Sophmores that will see PT. O-line will be better than anticipated but nothing like last year. Question will be interior defensive line. Linebackers will also be a question but only in comparison to last year. Defensive ends and DB's will be very good so there are strong points to build on.

FYI look for the Maryville offense to light it up this year. This may be the best ever for skilled position players at MHS. ;)

Pretty good breakdown MLREB. Hope you're right about the skill positions. I anticipate this team getting better each week. We have to play at Central, but that is week 9 and GQ should have this team ready by then.

JPATS5 if Zack Helton wants to be better than Todd, he better hit a huge growth spurt. I have to agree with HTV's picks. Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Does anyone know what position Rouse is gonna play? Or will he play various positions. I'd expect WR and DB as well. There are many players in the Secondary who got quality playing time last year also, so that shouldn't be a concern. Don't forget about McCord and Gaskin- their gonna have big plays all season.

Have not heard much about Halls, Clinton, Knoxville West--What is going on?

The Red Devils, and Dragons seem to have a strong Soph class. With playing time as Freshman.

Has Catlett held on another year, and will finally be able to show the Clinton Fans what kind of Coach he can be if you let him coach. Maybe they will staf off his back ( they are the sleeper this year).

Will the Halls Faithful forgive Shep for wanting to leave? The success he has given them should not be forgotten.

Will Cummings team Sneak up on the Strong teams of REgion 3-4A?

Will Woods keep pulling his team out of the basement they have been in for so long?

Can the new General at Powell pick up were Duncan left?

Has Central found the right leaderships for the young athletic team?

Can the states top program still stay on top and prove to everyone that they don't rebuild they just reload? Fans from Morristown West, Knox Central, Cleveland, and many others don't think so.

Edited by PLACALL

Pretty good breakdown MLREB. Hope you're right about the skill positions. I anticipate this team getting better each week. We have to play at Central, but that is week 9 and GQ should have this team ready by then.

JPATS5 if Zack Helton wants to be better than Todd, he better hit a huge growth spurt. I have to agree with HTV's picks. Go Rebs.

starsnbars, did you watch the maryville game? if so, did he have a bad game? dude, this kid is something else for a freshman from what i've seen. look for him to grow and be a thorn in maryville's side for the next 3 yrs (i'm not saying central will be maryville every yr, but he will make it tough on maryville to win).

Has anybody heard from Cummings? How are the Rebels workouts going this summer? Have they found some young players to help them?

What about the Powell Coaching job? Have they made it official? Will Larry Stephens (Commisioner Stephens) take the job?

Clinton fans seem to have been laying off Catlette for a short while.

Carter finally get some new stands to sit and watch the game.

Halls has been awfully quiet, must be working hard.

Central has also been quiet. Them being quiet does not sound good.

Maryville--We all know what is happening there.

Edited by 4AFAN