Riverdale High School

IronMaiden

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the 90s i would agree that riverdale was the best 5a school. in 94 & 97 they fielded two of the best teams ever in the history of hs football in tn, saving for the B.A. squad of 96. as for the last three yrs, riverdale has become less and less dominate. look for this trend to continue. however, they should field good teams but not those of riverdale standards. look for them to finish anywhere from 7-3 to 9-1 and make one or maybe two appearances in the state championship game for the next 10 yrs.

in the 90s i would agree that riverdale was the best 5a school. in 94 & 97 they fielded two of the best teams ever in the history of hs football in tn, saving for the B.A. squad of 96. as for the last three yrs, riverdale has become less and less dominate. look for this trend to continue. however, they should field good teams but not those of riverdale standards. look for them to finish anywhere from 7-3 to 9-1 and make one or maybe two appearances in the state championship game for the next 10 yrs.

thats the bigges mess of what we at oakland call H.C(horse crap) i have ever heard. i bet u know nothing about riverdale football, aside from their record. the only game i have ever heard u metion as seeing was the DB game last year, and thats not enough to make ur presumptions. that would be like me saying that Jeff Co is gonna win it all. I know its not gonna happen, but to u it sounds good, just like u saying riverdale is beginnin to decrease in talent. Both of them sound good to u, but saying it doesnt make it so. I think riverdale has proven they are just as good in recent years as in the "glory days". they may not be as talented, but they are still winning like they used to. thats all that matters. they are winning. and this is comming from me, a huge oakland fan, and some1 who isnt really fond of RHS.

Though I can see where JPATS5 is comming from, I don't agree with him totally. My question is how bad did Blackman pull from Riverdales tallent pool? I honestly don't know much about Riverdale except what I see on here and the media. Do students in the boro have a choice on where to go to school or are they zoned?

When a new school is built, all students who will be zoned for the new school have the opportunity to receive a zone exemption and finish their high school career at the high school they are currently attending.

Also, if you are not zoned for the new school, but would like to attend it anyway, you can recieve a zone exemption and go to the new school.

So, in a way, you do have the choice of where you attend in Murfreesboro. However, there are still set zones. I am zoned for Blackman, a friend of mine is zoned for Oakland, and we have to accept that. The only way we could have overshadowed that is if we proved some reason why we should go to the new school next year(Siegel). Let me reiterate though, that even with the opportunity, neither of us transferred. We love our schools. That's the going trend in the 'Boro: We all love the school we are going to, have a healthy rivalry with the other 'Boro schools, and gang up on anyone who tries to mess with one of them.

-JohnC

Guest region4fan

Hello hello Johnny C...it is so good to see you back online. I always enjoy reading your input.

I need to correct one thing though that you said.At Oakland, only the jrs and srs could stay at their original schools. All Freshmen and sophs have to go to Siegel . We were not initially losing that many kids to Siegel...about 5. There were several who tried to get exemptions, including Echols. They were not able to get an exemption. Oakland will be down to about 1400 in the school.

When Blackman started up, there were 33Riverdale football players zoned to Blackman.Most of them were freshmen. Somehow they were able to stay at Riverdale. Many thought it had something to do with Hulan Watson who was the superintendent being the former principal at Riverdale. I really don't know, but I do know that Oakland ended up losing 11 kids to Siegel football.NO exemptions were granted!

Again...I am so glad to see you back on the boards. It has been too long, buddy!

Riverdale will still be tough this season those guys just reload and keep coming, the have a excellent coach and when you get the number of kids out each year that they do then you can never count them out. Beside haven't the been apart of the last Four State Championships, how can you count them out.

TRADITION and a GREAT Coaching staff is what will keep the Warriors close to the top if not on top! Winning truely breeds success! This is why Riverdale has good numbers come out for the team each year which is a big advantage. With the addition of Blackman and Seigal they won't be as deep, as was evident last season. They're still the team to beat for now, but that bullseye is getting to be a heavy cross to bare with every passing season!

Jpats is right. The last three years the Warriors have only been to the state championship game three times. Sounds like free fall to me. On the other hand, Jeff county made the quarterfinals last year. Look out Tampa Bay, Jeff County will win the Super Bowl this year.

If Jeff County were in Murfreesboro, they would probably be the third best team in town this year, if not the fourth.