5a paper champ for 2003

JPATS5

o.k. it's way too early to say who will be crowned state champs this yr in 5a. however, on paper we can make a logical assumption on who has the best chance based on various variables. in my opinion, jeff co is the team to beat. they have tons of talent, speed, and depth. the qb has started since his soph yr; two rb's, houston & jennings, have started since their soph yr; chris shiverdecker, rb, had four games in which he rushed over 300 yds as an 8th grader last yr--he will be the starting wingback (look for him to get several carries a game); tyler brown, wr, has made more strides than any player i have ever watched (he didn't start playing football until his soph yr); they are at least 3 deep at every position, and many of those players could be starters at other schools; they return 15 starters that lost to DB in the qtr finals; and they have a great young coach who knows how to get 100% out of his players. in short, jeff is definitely the favorite to take top honors this yr.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

man you are disillusioned, oakland has all what u just stated and more. like i have said time and time before speed is nothin new in the boro, every team has it. come back to me when u guys actually beat d-b

man you are disillusioned, oakland has all what u just stated and more. like i have said time and time before speed is nothin new in the boro, every team has it. come back to me when u guys actually beat d-b

all of your buddies seem to say that oakland lacks depth. what's your take? as for jeff, they are deep, real deep. on paper, as of today, REAL experts would favor jeff over oakland by 2-3 tds with ease and over riverdale by 1-2 tds in a somewhat close game.

Guest Oakland

give me a break! oakland may be a lil short on depth but jeff co, assuming by some miiracle that they would beat oakland, would beat them by no more than a td. and I CAN GUARANTEE you guys would lose to riverdale, like i said earlier, beat somebody and schedule some tough teams like oakland does year in and year out and then i will be impressed.

give me a break! oakland may be a lil short on depth but jeff co, assuming by some miiracle that they would beat oakland, would beat them by no more than a td. and I CAN GUARANTEE you guys would lose to riverdale, like i said earlier, beat somebody and schedule some tough teams like oakland does year in and year out and then i will be impressed.

that's what eric locke and #9 (sr fb for riverdale) said in 96. jeff won 44-41.

jpats, i seriously dont understand how u can just come outta nowhere and say that jeff co would be favored by 2-3, when oakland is considered one of the best teams in the state right now(preseason). and let me get something clear, they dont lack tons of depth like i may have come across saying earlier, just in what i think is the key position, the offensive and defensive lines....and the only reason i say that is b/c there are several ppl going both ways right there. however, having said that, oakland is very rarely hit with injuries(knock on wood) b/c the coaches do a great job of what kind of practice they do, and we have the greatest trainers in tennessee there.

Franklin and Oakland will play in the Blue Cross Bowl, at least that's what it looks like on paper. Franklin- two of the most talented senior WRs in the state; a good RB who should be better than Otey was last year; QB with a heck of an arm, good size, speed; some greats on defense such as Christiansen at crap, I worked too much today, well, whatever position he plays; Alexander at ....; Bell returning punts; Campbell and DeFatta with the kicking duties. And of course, I don't need to restate everything about Oakland. We return around 14 starters who lost to Brentwood (the state champs; DB didn't even make it to the BCB) in the quaterfinals. In short, Franklin is the favorite to win the crown.

Edited by FHSrebel27

Franklin and Oakland will play in the Blue Cross Bowl, at least that's what it looks like on paper. Franklin- two of the most talented senior WRs in the state; a good RB who should be better than Otey was last year; QB with a heck of an arm, good size, speed; some greats on defense such as Christiansen at crap, I worked too much today, well, whatever position he plays; Alexander at ....; Bell returning punts; Campbell and DeFatta with the kicking duties. And of course, I don't need to restate everything about Oakland. We return around 14 starters who lost to Brentwood (the state champs; DB didn't even make it to the BCB) in the quaterfinals. In short, Franklin is the favorite to win the crown.

i don't know much about franklin so i won't go there. however, as i said earlier, jeff has the most talent, speed, and depth from region 4 on back. so if things go as they should then it will be jeff and franklin playing for the state championship. i don't like using that word "bowl"; it's not a bowl game--it's a championship game!

Oh well, it's the middle of the summer, what else should we do? These message boards wouldn't survive if it wasn't for people making predictions and the like.

well said. but i still don't like word "bowl". it has such a negative connotation. anyways, jeff over fraklin by 7 in a close game.