5a paper champ for 2003

JPATS5

JPATS5,

Just a little correction for you, Jennings hasn't signed anything to play for Vandy because he can't if he is just a rising senior. He may have commited to Vandy, but as we all know, it means absolutely nothing until his name's on the dotted line. I think Jennings would get a lot of time at Vandy and he is impressive, so I hope he is commited there.

If I had to guess a state champion right now, I would have to go with either of the teams who played for it last year, Brentwood or Riverdale.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Oh I do love it when you get online, Riverdale. If we were still giving good marks, I would give you one for your above post! that Jpats is unreal!

Franklin and Oakland will play in the Blue Cross Bowl, at least that's what it looks like on paper. Franklin- two of the most talented senior WRs in the state; a good RB who should be better than Otey was last year; QB with a heck of an arm, good size, speed; some greats on defense such as Christiansen at crap, I worked too much today, well, whatever position he plays; Alexander at ....; Bell returning punts; Campbell and DeFatta with the kicking duties. And of course, I don't need to restate everything about Oakland. We return around 14 starters who lost to Brentwood (the state champs; DB didn't even make it to the BCB) in the quaterfinals. In short, Franklin is the favorite to win the crown.

I SAY LINCOLN COUNTY WILL DRILL FRANKLIN IN THE PIT THE OPENING GAME

LINCOLN COUNTY WILL BE FOR REAL THIS YEAR U GUYS BETTER STOP COUNTING THEM OUT..

REMEMBER THESE STATEMENTS

o.k. it's way too early to say who will be crowned state champs this yr in 5a. however, on paper we can make a logical assumption on who has the best chance based on various variables. in my opinion, jeff co is the team to beat. they have tons of talent, speed, and depth. the qb has started since his soph yr; two rb's, houston & jennings, have started since their soph yr; chris shiverdecker, rb, had four games in which he rushed over 300 yds as an 8th grader last yr--he will be the starting wingback (look for him to get several carries a game); tyler brown, wr, has made more strides than any player i have ever watched (he didn't start playing football until his soph yr); they are at least 3 deep at every position, and many of those players could be starters at other schools; they return 15 starters that lost to DB in the qtr finals; and they have a great young coach who knows how to get 100% out of his players. in short, jeff is definitely the favorite to take top honors this yr.

IF WE GO BY PAPER LINCOLN COUNTY HAS MORE STARTERS RETURNING THAN ANY TEAM AROUND IN THIS AREA..

NOBODY HAS RESPECT FOR LINCOLN COUNTY AND THEIR TALENT...WE WILL TAKE OUR RESPECT AND DO IT WITH A STATEMENT..

That's a very bold statement my friend.

Why do you consider my statement bold. I just think Jeff. Co. is all talk just like every other year, they will choke in the playoffs. CHOKE ARTISTS :)

You can't even carry on a conversation!! You said that Sevier County will beat them. That would have to be regular season. Jeez....use that rock you call a brain and think before you type!

hey falcon...how many starters does Linclon CO have commin baCK? oakland has all but about 5....and some other ppl who got some PT last year. I cant wait for Oakland in the Pit. I played for oakland last year, and i was actually the one who jumped on the 1st play of overtime....i had to make a check and didnt think to remember the play was on one...and i moved...but, its in the past...but i tell u i have tremendous respect for linclon county. i know they have a really good running QB and always have good coaching and players. so i am not counting them out...i am just naturally in favor of oakland, but i do think they will go all the way if they dont have injuries. they have alot of experience...and that helps. almost all of the starters have started before, and those who havent have had good PT. good luck to yall falcons this year.

That's a very bold statement my friend.

Why do you consider my statement bold. I just think Jeff. Co. is all talk just like every other year, they will choke in the playoffs. CHOKE ARTISTS :D

You can't even carry on a conversation!! You said that Sevier County will beat them. That would have to be regular season. Jeez....use that rock you call a brain and think before you type!

What are you talking about, they can still make the playoffs with a loss in the regular season. I think someone else needs to use their rock (or if you want to call it a brain thats fine with me). :)

I SAY LINCOLN COUNTY WILL DRILL FRANKLIN IN THE PIT THE OPENING GAME

LINCOLN COUNTY WILL BE FOR REAL THIS YEAR U GUYS BETTER STOP COUNTING THEM OUT..

REMEMBER THESE STATEMENTS

If we get drilled, I'll surprised. If we drill you, I'll be surprised. Trust me, falcon, I respect y'all. I wish we didn't have to play y'all, especially to start the season off. However, I think that the week 0 game will be a good one. But regardless of the outcome of that game, Franklin could still go to the BCB. Again, I respect Lincoln County, almost to the point of where I'm afraid. But I have faith in my Rebels!