Alcoa vs. Maryville

goob5804

After watching an outstanding Jamboree last night in Alcoa, good job by the school staff. I must also offer congrats to Alcoa and Coach John Reid in his first win at Alcoa. It is sad to say but I don't think Alcoa is back like they are promoting. At this point in the season I think Maryville's 2nd or 3rd strings could handle Alcoa. Maryville in this one big maybe 48-7. :lol:

Alcoa's primary problem vs. Maryville is depth. I went to the South Doyle game thursday night and halfway through the second quarter some of Alcoa's players we asking to come out of the game for a breather. They have too many that go both ways and have very little on the bench. Seymour pointed that out last night at the jamboree.

Oh, it'll be a blow out. Alcoa's in another transitional phase, and that's never good when you have to play what is now one of the most consistent teams in the state.

Unless Alcoa regains some sense of stability as far as coaching goes, as well as some measure of depth, Maryville will continue to rout them.

It'll be interesting to see how Joey Fiegler fares against our secondary, though. I'm sure he will become increasingly difficult to defend every year.

Nevertheless:

Maryville 45, Alcoa 21.