Lincoln County 38.....Franktown 33

LCstatman

Yes, Chanze and Arrington are brothers, Chanze is a senior and Arrington is a jr.

I agree with you completely bigdogdaddy, this is the best form of football that there is period! Or at least that's my opinion. People spend hundreds of dollars to see the Titans and UT play when they can go out for $5 and see football at the grass roots level where the participants are everyday people that you see all the time that will take the time to stop and talk to you, unlike so many of the "big-headed superstars" that are around today. While all the players are not superstars and they don't all run 4.3 40's, it still makes for exciting football and isn't that what everyone really wants to see anyway.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to Tim last night after the game and what a class guy, Franklin can sure be proud to have him as your head coach. He still looks like he could suit it up and play, just don't put him in against us please, we remember how he ran the football.

We really are lucky to have such a GentleMan for a head coach. I think if you were wanting to build "the perfect coach" from parts, and you had them all laying there ready to assemble, when you were done you'd have Tim Johnson, a great athlete, soft spoken, hard when he needs to be, caring and compassionate, funny, likeable, smart and best of all a true love for High Schooll Football. We sure hope we can keep him here!

As I woke up this morning I thought of a scene from Patton... The tanks had run out of gas and there was nowhere to go, the battle raged through the night and at the end the fight it was hand to hand. Patton bends down and kisses the forehead of the warrior...walks away and says "God help me, I love this so!"

Edited by BigDogDaddy

We really are lucky to have such a GentleMan for a head coach. I think if you were wanting to build "the perfect coach" from parts, and you had them all laying there ready to assemble, when you were done you'd have Tim Johnson, a great athlete, soft spoken, hard when he needs to be, caring and compassionate, funny, likeable, smart and best of all a true love for High Schooll Football. We sure hope we can keep him here!

Coach Johnson funny? Hmmm, well I'll give him credit for trying...

No, seriously, BigDogDaddy hit the nail on the head with what he just said about Coach Johnson. He's not only and incredible coach, but also an incredible teacher. I've had many coaches for teachers and he is by the far the smartest. I guess that's what a Vanderbilt education does for you. He's just all around a great guy. If Franklin ever lets him get away, it'll be a HUGE mistake. I think a lot of Franklin's sudden turn-around has a lot to do with him. Y'all did a fine job of raising him down there and we thank you!

I really wish that I could have seen this game. The people of Lincoln County have to be excited about this year's team, and the town can more easily express their admiration of the native son coaching the opposition...having finally beaten him.

All the nay-sayers will have to check what they were saying during the last two seasons about Coach Thompson. It will be a great ending to a great story if this year's Falcons win them all. The tradition at Lincoln County is second to none, and Tim Johnson coming back as an opposing coach adds more spice to the story.

Both Riverdale and Oakland are away this season, but losses to either or both in the regular season will not be fatal. Neither team is in Lincoln County's region. Give Lincoln County credit for playing Franklin, Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale. All are non-region games.

Lincoln County could be a team of destiny this season. The first big step was taken last night. It says here that Lincoln County will take three trips to Murfreesboro this year.

:lol: I agree, that it was a great game for fans to watch. There were a lot of turnovers and miscues by both teams, but remember this was the first game, and that is to be expected. Lincoln County showed signs of greatness during the first quarter until the turnover bug started to bite. Neither team looked good defensively. I am a Lincoln County fan, but you have to take your hats off to Franklin, when they were down, they didn't quit! They kept fighting until the last play. For each team to score 38 and 33 points respectively, tells me that they both will be a force to be recond with as they will just continue to get better. Both teams are class programs and both team fans were class acts in my opinion. Go Falcons!!! and I wish Franklin continued success throughout the year.

"Big D"

Hurricane, yes, that's a good word to describe it. I thought for a minute that BigDogDaddy's camera was going to be blown into the home bleachers across the field.

CoachT, I finally have a face behind the name! I was sitting there last night with my dad and I saw what looked to be a CoachT shirt on the sideline. Then it hit me that you were going to be there. Thanks for all you do for high school sports!

Bigdogdaddy, I hear you. however, the Warriors have several other teams to worry about before LC comes to town. Sounds like the LC-Franklin game was everything it had been hyped to be and maybe a little more. Might be just a little early to call it a preview of the Blue Cross Bowl as some have done, but if that happens, at least the champion will come from Middle Tennessee again.

Congrats to LC, and we all know Franklin will bounce back from this. The games have begun!