Oneida VS Coalfield

Ryano44

Ooh the rivalries, The Boys in Black vs. The Warriors Attack. One thing is coming in very clear this early in the season, M.P.G. is the Jackets biggest gun this year. He was the focus of Wartburg's Defense a week ago and with the running game slowed it hurts their passing game, too. However, Micheal Paul seems to be far too talented to shut down entirely, so the Indians must contain him to SHORT pieces of real estate at a time. I disagree with the assessment that the Indians are "outmanned" in the skill positions. They were very deep at wideout, and the kid with 2 TD's (#30) was fast AND sure handed. Douglas is no slouch at TB and he has no trouble finding the endzone (3 TD's). Solid QB, with plenty of arm strength and was accurate on most of his throws last week. So everyone thinks this one will be close, and that is a good bet this year, because I can't remember the last time this game was a blowout.(turn out the lights when you leave the field cause everybody left - type blowout) Really have to think Oneida will be prepared to stop(contain) M.P., and they should have just enough weapons on offense to off set Coalfield's 2 TD's. Final Score: Oneida 20 Coalfield 13

:D:):o:)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida has a great football tradition. Coalfield is coming off of a big loss. The jackets must rebound quick. If they are not ready to play Oneida hand them a loss on their home field. Coalfield has the advantage on paper, but paper and talk does not get W's and L's. The team that shows up prepared the best will win.

One of the best games I ever saw was the 86 or 87 Coalfield Oneida. Oneida set a 10 man wedge on about the 10 and ran the opening kickoff back. That was the only score of the night in a rain. Man it was great defense on both sides.

It also decided who was going to win the district that year. It was the last game of the season.

You have to give Wartburg credit, they are a good football team. I also believe that Coalfield is just as good as them, but the Jackets need to show some "want to" out there on the gamefield. We all saw what Coalfield was capable of in some points in the game, but if they can keep the offense on fire, then the defense will make the stops. I think as a Coalfield player that our team needs to come out to practice and show alot of enthusiasm, desire, and want to, then hopefully we can come out on Friday with a big win.