Heritage over Maryville

GovMan

Man .. I've got to get some of you Rebel fans riled up so here goes ...

I think the MHS bubble gets busted this week. I look for a sky-high Heritage squad--coming off of a huge win at Farragut--to come out and shock the Rebels.

I have nothing to base my prediction on ... just a gut feeling.

Anybody want to jump on this boat with me?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see someone knock Maryville off, but I don't think it will be Heritage. I saw some impressive looking offense against Farragut, but you have to realize how down Farragut is. Heritage is not a very good football team, they beat a weak Farragut team. THey are not impressive enough offensively to hurt the Maryville D.

I say Maryville wins by 21

I will say one thing. I never would have thought Heritage would beat Maryville in 1999.

Maryville's defense will shut down Heritage. Maryville's offense looked better last week vs Halls. I think Maryville wins 31-7. Heritage is much improved over last season. Dustin Merrit is a good quarterback.

Maryville will be a team that improves as the season goes along.

heritage cruises in this one.  I actually hope maryville can win the rest of their games up to the Central game.  That way it will hurt the maryvillians even more when the bobcats stomp the life out of that program once and for all.

The life will never be stomped out of the Maryville program.

With the great coaching staff at MHS,The good underclassmen that Maryville has on the team, The great freshmen class who have not given up a single point in their games, The undefeated middle school team and the great youth league programs that Maryville have there is no way the life will ever be stomped out of that program. Maryville plays a lot of younger players.

The RED n BLACK machine is going to keep rolling along. That is billygoat's,bill-morgan's,johnpaul's,snagglepuss and all the Maryville haters worst nightmare.

If Maryville was to win the state title would BillyGoat,Bill-Morgan and the rest of the Maryville haters line up on the Gay Street Bridge in Knoxville and take the plunge into Fort Loudon Lake?

Edited by REBELRON

Ouch ... you can't seriously mean that can you MHS??

Actually if i had to picked i would not hesitate picking maryville and wb both to win this week. like rebelron said heritage surprised us in 1999 but their team was much better at that time. i congratulate them on their win friday at farragut and it is always my hope that maryville never overlooks anyone. but if anything the win over farragut will only help the maryville coaches convince their team that they need to be ready for friday. i really do not like to pick the outcome of games because to me it involves assumption and you know what they say about the word assume.

come on goat , tell us who you pull for !! i've heard a rumor or 2 , and if it's true , i can see why your obsessed with MARYVILLE . i guess if you have nothing to cheer for , all you can do is cheer against .....huh? jealousy and envy are for losers , winners don't throw sticks at the big boys , they try to become one of the big boys . now your obsession with men in tights is another issue that maybe we'll address later ......

billygoat is suffering from a huge case of REBEL envy !!!!!!!! ;)

JohnPaul

That clinic has already taken place.

In 1997 I got a call from the Central Baby Bobcats coach with this statement and request. Central was needing some competition since they had mopped up all the Knoxville league teams. We were warned by the coach that they were very good and were untouchable in Knoxville. We arranged a game at MHS field for a Saturday morning. Good competition but Central left the Maryville field that day with their only loss of the year. I guess you could say they got humbled while attending a Maryville LiL Rebs clinic. I have yet to receive another call from a Central team

That group today makes up the Maryville freshman team. ;)

Edited by MLREB