marryyville hasn't reached the top yet

JPATS5

The thing that most people don't understand is that when it comes down to it, all schools in Blount Co. are supportive of one another. Rivalries are rivalries and Bragging rights and all that, but after those games are over, we still support the other teams. I think it's great that Heritage beat Farragut. It's a good step for their program (probably the largest since they beat maryville in 2000). I think it's great that William Blount beat Soddy, I hope that Coach Phelps is able to make a playoff run later this year. Does that mean I'm gonna take trash? NO. Does it mean I still support WB, Heritage, and Alcoa when Maryville isn't playing them YES!!! and the same is true for a majority of people in Blount Co.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NineInchNails
I agree GovMan has class, like many conected to his program. Losers like nails and goat, are not fans really football fans but wish success upon thier programs by discrediting others who have been successful. I support all Blount county teams. The "Home County" of champions! I am very excited for Heritage and hope the program is on the rebound. Defeating Farragut was a great win for the program and I hope they and WB get into the play-offs. When the teams play Maryville I must pull for the Reb's because I have a son on the team and had other son's play there the past few years. So you cry babies go down to Wal-mart and find the sports section and get a look at a jock strap so you'll know what one looks like! Enough of that gutter talk.

Heritage comming off a great win will be fired up, but will not stop an improving Maryville team this year. The rebs are getting sharper and will be ready to handle anything Heritage throws at them. To win Heritage must run and throw with balance and they will not be able to do this Maryville. Maryville by 28

Dude, I hope you don't buy your jock straps at Wal-Mart...

Maryville vs Brentwood

Last year that would have been the game of the year,as far as moving to 5A I think they could have moved and been sucessful,they would have to changed the way the played,and I think that would hurt them.It would be great to see them move.I Just think that no matter what class they were in they would have been sucessful.

I just sit and wonder sometimes why GovMan always kisses up to the Maryville crowd.  If I were on the WB team, I'd be irate...because it's obvious that you want everyone to know who you are.

NineInch,

This post amuses me. I don't have a clue who you are and that's probably a good thing. As for "wanting everyone to know who I am" ... I really don't care. I come on Coach T to have fun and to get info and talk some good natured trash. I don't have to hide behind some below average, mediocre talented, teen-angst focused, Nirvana wannnabe rock band's name in order to spew venom and sling mud at a bunch of people.

I AM A TRUE, BLUE BLOODED WILLIAM BLOUNT FAN. I graduated from there, my daughter goes there, I help out there in any way I can and I promise you this ... when the Gov's play Maryville this year, I'll cheer, support, encourage ... anything in my power to cheer the WB on to victory. And I REALLY THINK they have a chance to do it this year. Rebel Ron, MHS, True Rebel, MapperMan, Clemson Dad, One Old Coach, etc. all those Maryville guys know where my allegience is. We can talk about, joke about, disagree about it, even get a little riled up about it sometimes ... but when its all said and done, we also realize it's just high school football.

There are kids on Maryville's sports teams that mean just as much to me as kids on WB's teams. I love 'em all.

As far as "kissing up" ... well, you're entitled to your opinion like all the rest of us. If you call being good friends with some of Maryville's coaches and respecting the job that they do, and having an appreciation for what Maryville has accomplished, and not being afraid to say it, or afraid for people to know who I am ... if that's "kissing up" ... then I'm guilty.

And lastly, if I'm such a "kiss up" ... then why in the world would I have come on here and predicted that Heritage would upset Maryville?

And now ... if everyone will bow their heads and close their eyes, the choir is going to softly begin singing hymn number 187, Just As I Am ... (I figured after that sermon, I better give an invitation).

Edited by GovMan

hey cowboys !! your a k-mart rassler too huh ?? geez you even "skeered"me with all that tuff talk you gave rebelron !! you must work those fingers out a whole bunch to be the computer stud you are !! so , is ron wright gonna be your manager too ?? well now that you done come here and "skeered " all of us maryville fans to death and put us in our place , i guess your feeling down right macho now arnt' you !! i can tell a big ol computer rassler that you are , that your just oozing with machismo !! :o . well i better go now stud puppy , i gotta go get rebelron to crawl out from under the table , geez you " skeered " him to death with your show of machismo you put on !! just the mere mention of your name " cowboys " will now send shivers down anybody from MARYVILLE'S spine !!! hehehe , boy the clowns are out in force today !! hahahaahaha!! :o

billmorgan : not too bad , i played pretty bad sat morning , but geez it was too early for golf !! 7am !! getting ready to go golfing here in about 15 min. i may have a hard time putting today , cowboys has got me so skeered !!

Edited by pepvol

hehe , your real smart arn't you cowboys !! just never quite learned how to spell though did you !! funny how some people's intelligence can come shining through quite clearly in just a few written words !! rebelron's my brother by the way bozo , i guess that wouldn't be a deterrent for your preference in a relationship though , now would it ?? hehe , have a great day cowboys , go rope a calf or something , you big computer stud you !!

Guest NineInchNails
NineInch,

This post amuses me. I don't have a clue who you are and that's probably a good thing. As for "wanting everyone to know who I am" ... I really don't care. I come on Coach T to have fun and to get info and talk some good natured trash. I don't have to hide behind some below average, mediocre talented, teen-angst focused, Nirvana wannnabe rock band's name in order to spew venom and sling mud at a bunch of people.

I AM A TRUE, BLUE BLOODED WILLIAM BLOUNT FAN. I graduated from there, my daughter goes there, I help out there in any way I can and I promise you this ... when the Gov's play Maryville this year, I'll cheer, support, encourage ... anything in my power to cheer the WB on to victory. And I REALLY THINK they have a chance to do it this year. Rebel Ron, MHS, True Rebel, MapperMan, Clemson Dad, One Old Coach, etc. all those Maryville guys know where my allegience is. We can talk about, joke about, disagree about it, even get a little riled up about it sometimes ... but when its all said and done, we also realize it's just high school football.

There are kids on Maryville's sports teams that mean just as much to me as kids on WB's teams. I love 'em all.

As far as "kissing up" ... well, you're entitled to your opinion like all the rest of us. If you call being good friends with some of Maryville's coaches and respecting the job that they do, and having an appreciation for what Maryville has accomplished, and not being afraid to say it, or afraid for people to know who I am ... if that's "kissing up" ... then I'm guilty.

And lastly, if I'm such a "kiss up" ... then why in the world would I have come on here and predicted that Heritage would upset Maryville?

And now ... if everyone will bow their heads and close their eyes, the choir is going to softly begin singing hymn number 187, Just As I Am ... (I figured after that sermon, I better give an invitation).

NineInchNails was not a grunge band, nor were they below average. You always try to play both sides of the fence so you'll always be right, no matter what. You'll say something totally ambiguous like, "I think the Govs may pull it out, but it's possible that they won't". Everyone wants to kiss up to Maryville in their heyday, because William Blount's never had a heyday and NEVER WILL. Horrible administration is the sole reason for that. Case in point: You guys have had one of the best defensive coaches in the area for quite a while now and just now have you realized to promote him to a coordinator.

I do, however, agree with one thing that you've said. It is high school football and the people playing it are kids. They come first, win or lose.