Brentwood vs. Smyrna

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even though they were close games, you have to admit, brentwood has always found a way to win since crawford came there. They have a talented bunch of kinds just like last year, you have to remember that last year they almost lost to centennial and had a horrible game against page, does that mean that they shouldn't have gone to and won the blue cross bowl? i think not. Smyrnas qb? give him mad props for playing with the broken bone, plus hes a stud back there and can pick a part any defense. I think Brentwood will come out on fire sick of the loss of respect for winning there last two games buy 1 or 2 points, look for an exciting finish again.

Im going with Bwood in this one. For one reason RESPECT. Brentwood is getting no respect just b/c they are only winning by 1 and 2 points means nothing. Great football TEAMS find ways to win no matter what the score. It doesnt matter if you win by 50+ or by 1 it goes down in the win column the same way. Brentwood over Smyrna 24-17 :o

I agree, I think the last two games have been a wake up call for the Bruins, that they don't have Everson behind center running the show...but I think Brentwood steps it up from here on out, and takes this game pretty easily, Brentwood, 24 - 14

I kinda have to grudingly agree with Fball14 here. Hopefully he's wrong, but there's no way Crawford will allow his Bruins to continue on like this. They may take it out on Smyrna. Plus, a QB can't beat you. A team can, but not just one guy. I haven't decided my exact score prediction yet, but Brentwood by more than one TD.

The thing that we're all missing. . .At least I did until they came to our house on Friday night, is that Smyrna is not centered on Wolke. They do have a running game. Hard running, with the play action pass should beat the Bruins. I don't know by how much, but I'm pretty sure it'll be close.

-JohnC

Close games don't disturb me too much. But when you look at the fact that Brentwood only scored 14 on Blackman, a team that gave uo 50 to Lincoln Co., it sure does make you wonder where the offense is. Not only did they lose Everson, they lost Steckel, the offensive coordinator. The Bruin defense looks like they are pretty good again (no suprise with Crawfords' background), but the offense is going to have to produce to beat Smryna.

But the "respect" theory has another side. What if two close games (one which was definetly a little lucky) causes some doubt by the players. I think it could kinda go either way, don't you?

johnny c you are correct in noting what everyone else overlooks. smyrna is a very balanced team on offense and has a very good running game. the coach at smyrna is a run oriented coach and had to change some of that philosophy when wolke came along.

every time i hear a team were playing talk about the key is stoping wolke i realize they are overlooking our running game.

blackman is young with better days ahead, but i think you guys way underestimate not having rico he won a lot of games for you.