Best Offensive Line Coach in da State?

pantherfanatic

I'll second edd caudill. great teacher of fundamentals. helps his usually small lineman survive using techinque and intelligence. it didn't hurt to have john clay, former alabama standout helping him out with his pass protections for a couple of years. both of them know exactly what they're talking about, and do a good job spelling it out for their kids.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with Grizzly. Josh Kerr at Anderson County. He is a past Ga/ETSU lineman. He had the opportunity to be the assistant strentgth coach at LSU, but instead he went to AC to caoch. THis year ha has thrown out the normal Larry Kerr weight program, which is legendary, and went with a new explosion weight program that is amazing, and this is why is line allowing for their team to gain incredible yards on the ground.

David Ellis at Maryville is as good of an O-line coach as I've been around.

I agree Govman. David Ellis may be the best coach on Maryville's staff. David is a 1st class guy. The players would run through a brick wall for him. David cares for his current players and his former players. He has been by the hospital to see Chuck Prugh a few times. George Quarles went by the hospital last night after the Freshmen and JR Varsity game.

Raider,

I think his name is Spencer Tilghman and not Steve. Regardless, you are on to something. I too heard that Tilghman is a very good O-line coach. I know for a fact he has climbed the ladder at DL very rapidly. He went from working w/ Temple at the MS level to freshman to varsity all within a very small window of time. One of their former players told Temple that Tilghman was the brains of the outfit and Tyler would constantly consult him for advice and information and even blockinh rules. He said all Tyler does well is yell (He mentioned a funny story about them "taking it up the tail pipe" after a loss to SMith Co.).

But all this is hearsay. I don't know Tilghman. I wouldn't know the guy if he walked in and gave me a bear hug. For that matter, I don't know Tyler. I'm sure they're both good men.

There seems to be some talk about McAdam's retirement? Shouldn't he have retired years ago. I mean he's a good coach and all, but he's pretty old, isn't he? I saw him on TV of the DL/Goodpasture game a few weeks back and he looks like he's in his mid-60's. I gues those private schools don;t have the good retirement plans like the public schools. And from looking at his huge belly he might be spending it all on food! Just kidding. Every dealing I've ever had with McAdams has been a good one. He teaches class to those kids.

From what I hear about Tilghman maybe he replaces the old man.