Tidwell resigns at Warren County!

kellraiser

It sounds like you won't get all your problems fixed with one hire. Good grief....what a mess! Right now, with all the things mentioned here, you can forget getting an upper echelon coach coming to your school. It would be career suicide. BUT, there is still hope. If it were me, I would strongly look for a coach with commitment, decent coaching skills and someone who genuinely cares about the boys wearing the jerseys. Someone who wants to see them grow up with good life lessons, caring for their brother and leaving everything they have on the field. That has to be someone you should be able to find. It would be a great start even with a losing season if they could just feel good about themselves. After all, its that group that sacrifices their afternoons from their families, friends and girlfriends that deserves all the respect you can give them.

Nice post!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ive been out of warren county football for a year at the end of this season. i played with most of the players out there right now. so i know what they are going through. my thoughts and prayers go out to the players, what remains of the coaching staff, and those that support the pioneers (like myself). Its kinda sad to say this, but this years senior class has gotten used to this kinda thing. good luck to coach tidwell where ever life takes you, and to the pioneers...keep your heads up this season is not over!!!! goodluck pioneers ill be watching.......

I'm glad to see someone list David Upton. I don't know what kind of politics has kept him out over the years or if he'd even consider it again, but I can tell you from first hand he is a WONDERFUL motivator and a very good defensive coach. I have seen him get results that were unbelievable. I had heard he had been kept out of the high school for fear he would be too tough. They were wrong. I'm sure if you asked them, many of the younger guys and guys on the middle school team now and their parents would vouch for him. He was a very positive coach and the boys who played for him gained confidence and high self-esteem.

I have also heard very good things about Madewell and Watson. The ability for a coach to be intelligent and a strong motivator for the guys is always a great combination.

I don't want to take anything away from Britton or Lytle, I'm just not familiar with them.

Warren Co will not be able to get an outside, worthy head coach because

1. Why would you take a pay cut?

2. Why leave a winning, respectable program?

3. Do you want to endure all the wrath, sarcasm and criticism that comes with the job-especially in Warren Co?

I expect a few coaches will apply mostly assistant coaches from other area teams, but if the Pioneers are holding out for a NAME coach, forget it! Your dreaming. Get someone who will put their foot up the players rear and gain respect and use the other foot to put on the throats of the "POLITICAL" people in the community to silence them. Run his own program, build the win column up each year and have the support of the community behind he and his staff. It can be done, just hire the right person for the situation in Warren Co.!

I heard Madewell is leaving the school system to help start a Christian/Church /Private school. Any info????

Yes, that is the scoop, but he may apply for the job.

A few people may have some legitimate objections to the Swafford coming back to Warren County. This discussion has gone south if that name has been tossed in the ring.

This is sad to hear. I feel bad for all the Pioneer players who have stuck with the team through these hard times. Good Luck to WC. Can they move down a class cause they cannot cut it in 5A even being in one of the weaker regions and also playing games against Livingston and Sparta from lower classes. This statement is not ment to defend anyone it is just the truth. Good luck Warren County somebody has to be worse.

As most know, I coached at Heritage High School, and as most know, Heritage is also known for not winning many ballgames. But, in '99 and '00 HHS turned it around and won several ballgames, even advancing to the playoffs in '99 where we almost beat Dobbyns Bennett. It was during the years that we upset Maryville and the shut them out 28-0 (the only team to do that in recent years). My point is that turning around the Warren County program can be done. So hang tough players, your day will come hopefully.