FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game could turn on whether the Rebs are looking past Centennial to the showdown with Brentwood. Centennial is good enough to surprise them if they do.

Frankiln - 35

Centennial - 17

I can assure you that the Rebs are not looking past Centennial for Brentwood. That would be a huge mistake for one and two Coach J would have none of it. I am 100% sure that all of the Rebs are looking forward to one game and one game only, Centennial.

First off, I must admit that I haven't seen Centennial play, and don't know much about them but, they must have a pretty good football team to play Brentwood as close as they did. Centennial may very well have the best team in school history.

But, and here is the big but, :D I just don't believe they will be able to match up with the speed that Franklin brings to the table, and I'm sure that their offense has gotten better as the season has went on. I'm sure that Tim will have them ready to play come Friday night.

Could be a great game though, you know how those neighborhood rivalries go, people will play out of their head for 1 game, for bragging rights. :)

The game could turn on whether the Rebs are looking past Centennial to the showdown with Brentwood. Centennial is good enough to surprise them if they do.

Frankiln - 35

Centennial - 17

Yeah, they're not looking past the Cougars... at least none of the players I've talked and they're all senior leaders. So I'm sure that attitude has been passed down.

Just two more days...

GO REBELS!

Just a few more hours... ok, like 24. Final thoughts?

Here are mine: Franklin comes out strong either getting a huge kickoff return or stopping the Centennial run with a punishing first series on D (sorry, can't predict the cointoss). This will set the tone for the rest of the game, coupled with a couple big TDs like normal, and the Rebels will roll as I predict.

Franklin 38 Centennial 14, or 10, or whatever I said... (yes, 45 hours at Old Navy in a week does that to ya).

GO REBELS!

Centennial has a few explosive players, Franklin has a team of them. Centennial is a good team that plays with a lot of heart, but is out matched and out coached. If Centennial doesn't keep Franklin's offense off the field its gonna be a long night. It will be an exciting game to go to, but I don't see it being too close.

Watch out for the turnovers...big game....lots of nerves. Franklin special teams could blow it open.

Good luck

Special teams... defense... these are the two factors that will decide this seventh edition of the Battle of Franklin... Centennial must contain Franklin's special teams, and Centennial's defense must contain Franklin's offense... conversely, Franklin's special teams must make plays, and their defense must be able to stop Centennial's wishbone... An early mistake by one team probably sets the tempo...

PS... hey Rebel... are you on the sideline during the game? Or do you sit in the stands?