1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opponents Record: Franklin- 18-18 Brentwood- 10-27

Points for/average: Franklin- 230/38.33 Brentwood- 192/ 32

Points against/average: Franklin 104/ 17.3 Brentwood- 75/ 12.5

Most points scored in a game: Franklin- 55 (4-2 Columbia) Brentwood- 45 (twice)

Least points scored in a game: Franklin- 14 (2-3 Oakland) Brentwood- 14 (1-5 Blackman)

Greatest margin of victory: Franklin- 44 (2-4 Clarksville) Brentwood- 45 (1-6 Father Ryan)

Smallest margin of victory: Franklin defeated 3-3 Oakland by 11 points. Brentwood defeated 1-5 Blackman in a one point game.

Against teams with a winning record: Brentwood has played Smyna who has a .500 record. BHS won that game 28-24. They have played no teams with a winning record. Franklin has played two teams with a winning record and won those games with a combined score of 88 to 75 (includes the week 0 loss to 5-0 Lincoln County). They also defated .500 Oakland 14-3.

Common Opponents:

Franklin 37 Centennial 19

Brentwood 25 Centennial 23

Franklin 51 Clarksville 7

Brentwood 35 Clarksville 7

Allow me to do something that I went off on region4fan for doing earlier in the season...

CONGRATULATIONS JOE BELL! He was named as an honorable mention 5A AP Player of the Week! However, that's about the only bright side to the AP this week...

1. Dobyns-Bennett(9) 6-0 161 1

2. Lincoln Co. (8) 6-0 158 1

3. Brentwood 6-0 122 3

4. Germantown 6-1 83 4

5. Dickson Co. 6-0 55 un

Others receiving votes: Jefferson Co. 47; Science Hill 36; Oak Ridge 20; Riverdale (1) 17; Franklin 14 and Gallatin 7.

ONLY 14 VOTES??? GRRRRRRR :justwrestle:

Allow me to do something that I went off on region4fan for doing earlier in the season...

CONGRATULATIONS JOE BELL! He was named as an honorable mention 5A AP Player of the Week! However, that's about the only bright side to the AP this week...

1. Dobyns-Bennett(9) 6-0 161 1

2. Lincoln Co. (8) 6-0 158 1

3. Brentwood 6-0 122 3

4. Germantown 6-1 83 4

5. Dickson Co. 6-0 55 un

Others receiving votes: Jefferson Co. 47; Science Hill 36; Oak Ridge 20; Riverdale (1) 17; Franklin 14 and Gallatin 7.

ONLY 14 VOTES??? GRRRRRRR :justwrestle:

Your excitement over this game is contagious!!! And I thought you were pumped up for last week's game!!!! You're getting me all worked up over it!!!!!!

I counsel patience concerning the AP poll - I have a feeling it will look different next week!!!

Guest region4fan

Hey Rebel...hahahahahahahahaha!! Loved your little remark above.Congrats to Joe Bell. Is that the first time he has gotten an honorable mention for the player of the week this year?? If so, it has been long past due.

I know you can barely contain yourself about this week. I am rooting for your Rebels. Maybe both our teams will pull off upsets this week. We have Riverdale . Hey that means we are both playing the Blue Cross Blue Shield candidates from last year. Best of luck to your boys. Keep them fired up.( like they need it! Ha!)

In defense of BigDogDaddy....

Before the Lincoln County - Franklin game he posted alot of - shall I say "spirited" - messages on this board defending his prediction of a Rebel victory...after the game he exhibited gentlemanly manners whilst he fed himself Crow Cordon Bleu. A fellow that will take his medicine like that is okay in my book!!!

I agree with you on that one jabbo........Big Dog Daddy did say some rather spirited things about the Franklin vs. Lincoln County game in week zero, but after all was said and done, he was quick to give credit where credit was due and was gracious in defeat. Not only that, he has kind of been a "behind the scenes" support of the Falcons ever since. I don't mind at all someone spicing up a big game, as long as they can take it when they lose. I haven't forgotten FHSRebel27 either, he was a good sport about it too. Thanks guys. Best of luck to the Rebels and Coach J this Friday.... BASH THE BRUINS...... REBELS RULE!!!!!!!!

I've never liked brentwood even since my brother went there and ive always liked franklin and the reason im not attending franklin now is because of my parents but if we didnt have a game this week much less in memphis i would be at this game in a heart beat sitting on the franklin side! i pick franklin to win 25-23! score look familiar? :P

With the two good games last year going Brentwood's way, I think this is the year for Franklin. Maybe BHS will step up to this huge challenge. This should be a big game with a huge crowd. This would be my choice of games to go to in the outer/Nashville area. I would take Franklin by a td.

FHS fans - what's up with K Murray. Don't see his name in any stats. Thought this would be a big year for the big guy.

FYI, Fugate was injured very early in the Blackmon game, and did not play in either game against Centennial or Smyrna. Bruin offense struggled. Last week he had three TD's on just 5 carries.

Brentwood played Ravenwood last week....I know Fugate is a good player but I could score 3 TDs on 5 carries against them...lol. However, good luck to Ravenwood they could pull off a couple upsets.

I am biased and I am going to go with Franklin on this one...I have seen both teams play and Franklin has the upperhand all over the field. For BHS to have a chance they have to keep the FHS offense off the field and try to contain Franklin's explosive special teams. Kicking game could play a big part in this one...Franklin's kickers coming off a big game last week. I agree with a previous post that Van Horne and Moore are very good but Franklin has too many weapons.

In response to a previous post, this year's Bruin team is not what it was last year...I have seen them several times. Not saying that they aren't good...but they aren't what they were. This is Franklin's year to bring home the bacon. No prediction...I think the actual game will be similar to the Centennial/Franklin game last week.

Everybody come out, it will be a fun game. Good luck to both teams.

No, I can't contain myself. I am SUPER excited. As I said, I've been waiting for this since November 22.

I'll be patient but we've only been falling in the AP poll and we've only been winning. Doesn't make sense... oh well. And yes, that's the first time all year that a Franklin player has received that honor.

Other Franklin players include Matt Solima, the awesome QB. Tony Hammond and Derrien (sp?) Watters are great at RB. Just all around a very potent offense. Again, as far as Murray goes, he's had a slow start but I think the two GREAT catches he had vs Centennial might just be what the doctor orded. Good thing for us that Bell has stepped up so much.

And AllAmerican912- don't push it buddy. I'd like to see you carry it five times for three TDs vs Ravenwood. Ya wanna dress out next week??? :ph34r:

Monday's gone. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday is all that remains! GO REBELS!