Who has da BEST DB coach in da STATE!

pantherfanatic

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best secondary we see in most years is Greensboro's. Their head coach, Bill Rickles, played DB for Hawthorne back in the mid 70's when the Red Robins were noted for giving up under 2 points per game. I think they now have 2 DB coaches: one for CB's and one for safeties (that shows you how importnat they think the secondary is). Their CB coach's last name is Grayber (sp?) and he played for the Sacramento Spirits in the now defunct OFL. He covered everybody from James Powers to Lenny Gassalar, and covered them like a glove, too. Their safeties coach is actually a good friend of mine, Tank Bastilonsky (his real name was Francis, but he could hit like a "tank" and no one dared call him by such a girly name). We went to college together at William & Madison. W & M is not exactly a football power, but they never gave up a TD of over 12 yards while Tank played SS. Since we've been playing them for the last decade they haven't allowed a single passing TD. Think about it, twelve years and no passing TD's allowed! I've talked with Tank and he says the key to their success is what they call Whitmore State pass coverage. Apparently WSU played a big game as underdogs some years ago against a big-time passing team and beat them.

OK, you've waited long enough. First of all, as I type I cannot help but be distracted by the woman's abdomen at the top of the page. I would prefer not to be tempted to lust as I ponder da best DB coach. Right now all I can think of is Elle McPherson. Now I've scrolled down so I cannot see it anymore, and my answer is . . . Elle McPherson! Do you think she's any kin to Mike? I bet that's his wife.

But seriously folks, da best is not even coaching DB's any more. He's now at da Boro (Hillsboro that is) coaching OL & DL; his name is Julius B. Gore. He took East Robertson to a state championship, practically founded BGA, took Lip scum from cellar dweller to state champs in '93. Before Gore got to DL they had never had a winning season! Everybody gives credit to McAdams, but it;s all Gore. Shoot, I hear Mac still calls Gore daily to ask him how to run a 3 deep zone. Since Gore's been at Hillsboro they have DOMINATED. He may be da best all-around coach in the sity, state & nation.

The Italian Stallion?!?!?!?! What the crap does Rocky Balboa have to do w/ this?!?!?! If you;re refering to somebody then step up and call them out by name.