Ryan Headrick

crkjon

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, gang!

I will try and explain this as best I can.

It seems that the spasms were expected and common with this type of condition. There is blood in the brain left over and the body's natural reaction is for the blood vessels to constrict so there is less blood flow. This happens because the brain knows there is a problem and it is trying to fix it's self. The constricted blood vessels are causing the "vasal spasms" and in turn puts Ryan at risk for a stroke. Yesterday's surgery was more like a procedure. Die was injected so that Dr's could determine if spasms were present. Then, medication was administered through his groin to keep blood flowing so that the coil that was sergicaly placed could do it's job.

Ryan is doing good this morning. He may be out of school but he still got a pop quiz. Dr's asked him if he knew where he was at and he gave the right answer! Yeah, Ryan! He's so smart! B)

They will run the dye again today to see if more medication is needed.

Gee, I hope I got all this right.

Me and my family get all choked up and extrememly grateful for all the prayers and acts kindness.

Being an M.H.S. alumni myself, good luck this friday playing Central. I'm sure that if Ryan could get past the Dr's he would be on the field as well.

So, let's go boys! Do it for the Rhyno!

Thank you and God bless! :)

Sherry

OK, gang!

It seems that the spasms were expected and common with this type of condition. There is blood in the brain left over and the body's natural reaction is for the blood vessels to constrict so there is less blood flow. This happens because the brain knows there is a problem and it is trying to fix it's self. The constricted blood vessels are causing the "vasal spasms" and in turn puts Ryan at risk for a stroke. Yesterday's surgery was more like a procedure. Die was injected so that Dr's could determine if spasms were present. Then, medication was administered through his groin to keep blood flowing so that the coil that was sergicaly placed could do it's job.

Ryan is doing good this morning. He may be out of school but he still got a pop quiz. Dr's asked him if he knew where he was at and he gave the right answer! Yeah, Ryan! He's so smart! B)

Me and my family get all choked up and extrememly grateful for all the prayers and acts kindness.

Being an M.H.S. alumni myself, good luck this friday playing Central. I'm sure that if Ryan could get past the Dr's he would be on the field as well.

Sherry

Sherry just wanted to let you know we are buying Ryan's annual for him today. My wife works for the city and happened to think about it and Chief Ed Mitchell of the Maryville Fire Dept gave her the money from some of it that had been collected for the family. So Ryan's annual has been ordered as of today.

OK, gang!

Ryan is doing good this morning. He may be out of school but he still got a pop quiz. Dr's asked him if he knew where he was at and he gave the right answer! Yeah, Ryan! He's so smart!  B)

Sherry

Sherry just wanted to let you know we are buying Ryan's annual for him today. My wife works for the city and happened to think about it and Chief Ed Mitchell of the Maryville Fire Dept gave her the money from some of it that had been collected for the family. So Ryan's annual has been ordered as of today.

Wow! Thank you! I will pass that on to Dewayne and Robin.

I will make sure and let them know of all the wonderful people that Ryan has on his side. God Bless!

Thanks again,

Sherry

Hello all!

I am Ryan's Aunt Sherry.

First off, let me thank all the prayers, well wishes, and support from all these wonderful messages. I think I speak for our entire family when I say that the overwhelming support has been such a blessing and speaks well of us, as God's children.

The last report from this morning is that Ryan is doing much better than expected. He able to speak with some discomfort from the breathing tube. He is able to move his legs but, he is still having to deal with a great deal of pain. (I guess that would have to do with having BRAIN SURGERY!)

Ryan, as well as his little brother Derek, are just wonderful boys. I can't begin to express how proud I am of Ryan and I can't say enough good things about him.

I love you, Rhyno!! And, thank God your gonna be OK!

I can't thank everyone enough. May God bless you and yours.

:D

To Ryan and all of his extended family from a Morristown West football Father. Ryan, may the strength and prayers of the Morristown West High School Trojans combine with the strength and prayers of the Maryville Rebels to speed your complete recovery!

48 Dad