Brentwood at Dickson County

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Welch was injured at Kenwood, yes, and did not return to the game. McCurdy also did not play. The BHS people on here, saying it's illegal (which is true to an extent), will not inform us of the extent of their injuries or if they will play Friday night.

Half of me says Welch got dinged up a little and they took him out because it was Kenwood. Same reason for keeping McCurdy out. The other half of me says it's bat Brentwood, but no one knows...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right on the first one... Welch probably got nicked (which is near-impossible...he must have been hit hard) and they took him out... he's so huge, I can't see how anyone could hurt him bad... they probably just wanted to play some backups... and then McCurdy they probably just wanted to rest for another week... my sources said it may have been a concussion, but I'm not sure...

sportsguy1976- i really appreciate your posts even though many dont believe that brentwood cant pull this one out this week, the franklin game was a fluke brentwood got beat because they got conservative and they tipped the ball into the guys hands and had a wr/db in that shouldnt have been in there (18). :ph34r: P.S. mad props to the wr who tore up there defensive secondary, murray got killed all night. welch is a stud and they are going to kill franklin if they dont get conservative in the flippin third quarter. Keep throwing the ball brentwood!! . so as for this week watch for the bruins to come out pumped and ready to play. also welch will start this week over the stuttering 3rd stringer

Edited by bruin472k5

Bruin472k5

Explain the fluke bit. Was it a fluke that brentwood couldn't run the ball in the third and 4th Quarter? Was it a fluke when Hammond picked off Welch's pass and returned it to the 5? Was it a fluke that the Rebels had to score 3 times before the ref's finally found nothing to flag? And the ultimate - was it a fluke when the Brentwood field goal was drilled into the o-line, and the Franklin field goal sailed throught the uprights?

Sounds more like execution. Franklin executed when the going got tough, Brentwood did not.

If it wasn't execution, then it was the Rebels outcoaching the Bruins. Because as you put it - the Bruins got conservative.

I think the Bruins are finally understanding that luck has somethin to do with the game. This season they have been the Ohio State of Tennessee, with luck being HUGE on their side. If the Franklin-Brentwood game was a "fluke", then so was the Centennial-Brentwood game. But at the end of the day the team with more points wins, and we'll see Dickson Co. with plenty more.

DCHS-38 BHS-21

FHSREBEL27- As much as I'd like to say we won Brentwood with persistance and tenacity, I'd have to say they lost it with consevatism and timidity. If they go to "Dinger" as much as we went to Nichols in the last 18 minutes. My guess is they beat us by 14! But you know what .... it don't matter now!

I think Coach Crawford has to realize that in 80% of the games they play, they can simply give the ball to Fugate and their OLine will get the job done. That was not the case against Franklin in the second half and it certainly won't be against Dickson County. Welch is a first year QB and you know they have to be worried about errors (picks)! One or two big plays will make the difference between winning and losing and we will find out whether Crawford has enough confidence in Welch to let him throw and thus gamble to win, or if he realies on "Old Faithful" Fugate...I think Riverdale stuck with the run and you see where it got them.

DC gives up 24 points to Beech and 21 to Ravenwood? I think they are going down!

Statman and other LC fans....sorry to hear about Mr. Henry...he will be in my prayers. To all school administrators out there, let this serve as a wake up call...don't neglect your facilities. Tennesean article below describes story as well as update on Wolke: 15 scholarship offers... Incredible!

Compare Austin Everson to Wolke and look at the diference in offers?

http://news.tennessean.com/hs03/site/tenne...=y&storyid=4336

Edited by BigDogDaddy

HAHAHA! Now that we're a week and a half removed from the game, the Brentwood people show back up and the game was a fluke. OK. There's a lot of football left before a possible Franklin-Brentwood rematch. I encourage you to not think about that yet.

That's why so many people love BHS...every loss is a fluke in hindsight! Believe me, if they didn't have to play Franklin, they wouldn't!

ill call a spade a spade, bigdogdaddy, u have hit the nail on the head in some of your previous posts. Centennial was a fluke, they fumbled, brentwood got lucky. On the other hand Franklin, however well they did execute in the last couple minutes, had the ball tipped right into their hands, i dont think anyone can say that joe bell or any of the franklin people planned that. Its also true that if brentwood would have kept throwing the ball, franklin doesnt come close, granted franklin did a good job at stopping the run, ill give u that. "Dinger" ran threw the secondary of franklin as well as any wr in the state, he should have been used more and still should. Also, where is kellen moore? also a great wr, they make up a great pair. bottom line, it will be a great contest if they meet up again and i cant wait. For this week im picking brentwood in a close one coming down to the wire not many points will be scored by either team seeing that they both have great defenses.....brenwood 17 d.c. 14

Edited by bwoodbruins

The edge? If those two are out, it's DC in a landslide...

I'm basing my prediction on that they WON'T play. If they do, then it'll be closer, something like DC 37 BHS 24.

You can't have it both ways, Rebel27. Two weeks ago you were emphatic that one player would not make a difference at this level of high school football now you give Brentwood no chance if Welch is not playing. Brandon Hitt, if called on, will do a good job at QB and will have all his starting running backs and receivers and defense behind him 100 percent.