Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sportsfanman,

One reason that stands out in my mind is the fact that when one of Gallatin's players was hurt Friday night, HL had players that wouldn't take a knee. It is common courtesy for all players to kneel while an injured player is down. And when he was helped off the field, HL had a player mock him and wave goodbye. Not to forget they taunted Gallatin's players and fans after the game and would not leave the field.

wavefan0708

As an impartial football fan reading this thread with interest, your interpretation of lack of class was OK until you mentioned not leaving the field.

If in fact Gallatin has dominated HL for the past recent memory, then I can understand the players and fans not wanting to leave. Simply enjoying a rare victory.

What I find ironic is that when Gallatin puts fans (students) on what is traditionally seen as the visitors stands at most schools, this is not seen as poor sportsmanship, yet you want to discuss someone elses poor behavior?

Good luck in your appeal, I would rather see the teams resolve it on the field rather than by a phone call.

What I find ironic is that when Gallatin puts fans (students) on what is traditionally seen as the visitors stands at most schools, this is not seen as poor sportsmanship, yet you want to discuss someone elses poor behavior?

Okay, I'm gonna weigh in on this one. For one thing, it's not students, it's fans. And the reason for this is because usually the home side at Gallatin is full, so instead of standing along the end zone, the fans go sit on the visitor's side. There is usually plenty of room over there, especially if Gallatin is playing a metro team, because they don't carry any kind of crowd. I mean, come on, Hunters Lane is having a great season, and they probably had 200 fans there. Actually, whenever Gallatin travels to a metro school to play, they should just flip-flop sides becasue Gallatin ALWAYS has a larger crowd than the home team. I'm not knocking metro teams, but the truth is the truth, for whatever reason. Gallatin fans have been sitting on the visitor's side at home as long as I've been going to games, and I don't look for that to stop.

My post is not to bash your tradition. For clarification, I am not a metro fan, my experience comes from the playoffs last year. The Gallatin stands were in no way full, and the "Fans" were a compilation of Parents and Students.

In fact the students, were standing at the rail, harrassing the players - until some players from another Williamson County team came and stood between the "Fans" and the team on the field.

Again - good luck with your appeal. Maybe you will have better luck with the TSSAA than you had with Hunters Lane. (little bit of humor here)

Edited by faninthestand

You'll have to excuse me as I laugh to myself at that one......................................................................okay, I'm better now.

I didn't take your post as a bash, I was just trying to explain the situation to help you understand it better. I may not have made myself clear. GWAVE1 and just1np can vouch for me on this one. Back before Gallatin had it few "down" years(Down for Gallatin is not what it is for other teams), EVERY game was standing room only, and there were no seats available for late arrivers on the home side, so alot of fans were forced to move to the visitor side if they actually wanted to sit. So I guess it became tradition for some to sit on the visitors side. I could see where a visiting fan dould take offense to the home fans sitting on their side, but I guess you just need to understand the situation. Me personally, I like to stay on the home side. And traditionally the students have stayed on the home side by the band, but I can believe that some antagonizers might have wandered over to give the visiting team a hard time. I don't agree with it, but it happens everywhere. Sorry if you misunderstood my previous post, hope I cleared things up.

wavefan0708,

I take it from your name you are a young person. Take it from an old, impartial spectator watching the other night:

1. Everytime a player went down because an injury, I saw both teams taking a knee. There were several times when it was an extended timeout for injury that I saw the referees tell both sidelines to bring out water. HL had several players cramping and taking a knee may have been the worse thing they could have done.

2. Never saw a player from HL mock a hurt player of Gallatin. I spoke with a friend who was with me at the game and he said he saw a player from HL walk over toward the Gallatin sideline and wave at the player who was hurt, in a sportsmanlike effort. He said he saw the coach wave back at the player. I noticed as soon as any injured player got up to leave the field that both coaches were coaching, giving signals, and the HL players were responding to their coaches.

3. Again after the game, I saw HL ask Gallatin to pray in the middle of the field, which Gallatin declined (which was their perrogrative). Several Gallatin "adults" made some rude comments toward the HL kids. The HL players were wrong in their "metro metro" chant, which the HL coaches quickly stopped. Coach Campbell, HL's head coach, made a 2-3 minute speech, the HL players stood up and made some "ending chant" they always do, and off the field they went. As I said in an earlier post, they were followed off the field by several "adults" from Gallatin. I never saw any "taunting" of HL towards anyone of Gallatin.

Please don't confuse excitement with classness. Again, I saw two teams play a good game the other night. The final score was not what many expected but don't let your disappointment of a loss cloud your judgment and allow you to start pointing fingers out of frustration.

sportsfanman,

I guess I should thank you for thinking I'm young. However, I'm sitting here discussing this situation with one of my children that is in college.

I don't know which side of the field you sat on, but there was one player in particular that was asked by the refs to take a knee and never would. And I can tell by your comments that you definitely haven't been around many teenagers lately. The waving that the player did was in sportmanlike fashion. Only it was bad sportsmanship.

The HL players did taunt our players after the game. They refused to get off the G in the center of the field. They stomped the ground and spit on the G. Obviously you were not on the field like I was. And if you knew anything about tradition at GHS you would know that as seniors playing on their home field for probably the last time, they stand on that G and make their farewells to their fellow teammates and fans that have supported them throughout their career at THE PIT. HL could have moved to the end zone opposite Gallatin. That was the deciding factor of whether I thought they had any class at all or not.

No, I am not young. But thanks for the compliment. Although I'm pretty sure you meant that as an insult.

wavefan0708

As far as the fans who sit on the visiting side goes I am one of them. I have been since my wife and I started dating. I can see how this could be seen in a negative way, that is why I only cheer "FOR" the Green Wave and not against the opposition. I also sit at south side 40 top row to give mid field to visitors. Like I've said in previous post I've sat with Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Oakland and other powerhouse teams that have come through. We usually have a bit of good ribbing after they recognize that I'm not there to harass anyone. I also realize that some of the"fans" can be obnoxious and rowdy but realize one bad apple does not mean all are bad apples. All that Greenwave fans can do now is wait on Thursday to see the outcome of what is to be. Good or Bad we will still be supporting the Greenwave.

Sensation and Wave88 are 100% correct. Many fans have sat on that side for years. Back when because of neccessity now because of tradition. I personally do not like it over there, everything looks backward. I can say, yes some over there are rude and some aren't. Every school has some, even yours faninthestand.

Have heard today from 2 seperate people about the incident involving #6 and the "wave good-bye" to an injured Kyron Malone. I did not see it and I won't comment.

NEWS FLASH: I have been told that there will be a large group going to the TSSAA offices around 8:00 Thursday to show support for justice and equality for the Gallatin situation. I hope everyone who can will go. The lawyers, coaches, administrators and family members all hope that you too will show your support in going to the offices and bring your signs!!!!

Well, time to eat some crow. The GreenWave had a rough week last week. Hunters Lane has a very good team. Speed to burn as they say. Gallatin was very flat and it was evident. The events of last week had some impact but HL is a very talented team. To bad they have no class to go along with it. Easy to see why coachtut jumped on the band wagon. Gwave1 you are exactly right. Let's look at the record for about the last ,oh, 20 years or so. All you Gtown haters need to understand you can't break our spirit. Loses like that one come RARELY at Gallatin. If our wins have to come with an asterisk then so does this loss. I would like to play this game again later without the distractions. HL may win again but I promise you it would be closer. Kick us while we're down but remember, what goes around comes around.

This is very true. We beat yall last year and it came around. I think that yall got better over the year and yall played a heck of a game. But it is true though that if they didnt have this interrupting situation I doubt they would of beat us that bad. Heck if they didnt have that situation we might of beat you.

Green Wave General

As I said on the other thread about Gallatin's loss, unfortunately, at all sporting events, you will have bad sports. I was also on the field after the game and saw bad behavior FROM BOTH SIDES!! I personally saw two HL players spit on the "G" and one player celebrate by sporting a "finger" at us. I also stated on the other thread that these people were in the minority. Most of the players and the fans acted accordingly. Again, let's not judge either side by the actions of a few! But to imply that the bad sportsmanship was one-sided is INCORRECT!!

Gwave1, I'll be there thursday morning to show my support!!!

Good Luck Green Wave!! We love you guys!!