Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again if I could be there i would and thats a show of Green Wave spirit that Wavelink101 has. Shes a true Green Wave Fan. But its true all she said its bad to spit on our (so called sacred G) because of bad sportsmanship. But its true both teams had some people (or idiots) that were being unsportmanlike.

Green Wave General

The rules are very clear about this sort of thing! A child must live with BOTH parents or the LEGAL guardian! If there is a change of address... it must be certified by the head coach and principal as being the legal residence of the legal guardian. The TSSAA provides conditional approval assuming the facts are correct as reported to the TSSAA.

If the parents were in the middle of a divorce and the parent had legal custody of the child, the move would be okay; however, if the kid moves in with his grandparents and the school reports that he is living with his father or mother... then the school is in violation of the rules.

sportsfanman, In my infinite wisdom #6 (Booker I think) crossed the line when he refused to kneel even when his own teammates were pulling his jersey to get him down. Then his sarcastic finger wave as they helped the player off the field crossed the line. They have too talented a team for that. Also the antics on the field after the game were not needed. Celebrate victory but as the old saying goes act like you've been there before. As far as Gallatin fans sitting on the visitors side, that has been a problem for years. Maybe we need to turn a few loyal fans away at the gate and draw 50 fans like the metro schools. Hendersonville has been the worst problem for us because their visitor side fills up so quickly that we take up a quarter of the home side. Like every team we have some fans that get out of line but 99 percent of GreenWave fans are very respectful of the other team. Why don't you ask Hunters Lane's seniors from last year. When they took their "senior walk" around the track they got more applause from Gallatin's fans than they did from the home crowd. Maybe thats why some of them actually came around twice. I don't expect you Gallatin haters to understand. This is a total community spirit. Love that Wave.

wireman

how can you possible say that hunters lane were not bac sports. it you simply look at the game stats and see the number of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties they got, that should tell you something. then like has been mentioned before the refusal to kneel when a player is injured. then i think the straw that broke the camel's back was after the game when they stomped on the G and spit. That was meant to be a direct slap in the face to gallatin. hunters lane knew how emotional a loss that was for gallatin because it more than likely ended their playoff hopes. they behaved like a classless group of outlaws.

It sounds like McGavok High School has a problem to me. Why are student athletes transferring out so frequently? Last year it was the big Sims kid who left and played for Mt. Juliet and this year Corey and another player went to Wilson Central. And the Shipley kid went to Gallatin. Is something driving them away from the program?

Like I've said in previous post I've sat with Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Oakland and other powerhouse teams that have come through.

As a Riverdale fan, I miss those trips up to 'The Pit'...

And yes, we always had a good time with the Gallatin folks that

would sit amongst us. I remember we used to joke to each other on

who would be getting up first and leaving - LOL!!!

And I remember one year when we got whooped up there

pretty good... But the Gallatin folks I met there were and

probably still are 'good people' as my late-Papa used to say....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Gentlemen,

I believe we are beating a dead horse. Let me repeat myself again, I was there just to see a good game. As I said in my earlier posts, I have seen them play a couple of times this year. They have always played disciplined football the times I have seen them.

Yes, HL did have 4 unsportsmanlike penalties against them. 2 were apparently legitimate, one was a joke (#9 when his teammate scored and #9 pointed toward the heavens (he is pres of the FCA) ), and the other was when #6 got the shot out of bounds by bugbee. I recall Gallatin getting a couple of unsportsmanlike penalties as well.

I don't see the big deal about kneeling during someone's injury. Call me old school or what it is not a big deal to me.

As I said earlier as well, there were a couple on both sides that were in the wrong after the game. Don't condemn the entire two teams for the actions of a few. I'm sure if Gallatin won, there would not be a word said. As for the conversation between the two coaches after the game, I don't know either to ask. If you are very close to the coaches, please inform us all what was said. And please be honest :)

Let the issue end. The game did!

THE TSSAA DOES SOME CRAZY THINGS. IF THEY MAKE GALLATIN FORFEIT THESE GAMES THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS. YOU WANT THESE YOUNG MEN TO GROW UP AND BE GOOD CITIZENS IN THE WORLD AND THEN YOU HAVE SOMEBODY WHO THINKS THERE GOD ALMIGHY TRY TO TAKE AWAY SOMETHING THAT MEANS ALOT TO A KID. GET REAL RONNIE CARTER. DO THE RIGHT THING.

Why blame Mr. Carter for following the rules as they are written in the handbook? It is not the responsibility of the TSSAA to check up on all of the student-athletes in the state! It is up to the individual schools to police themselves and to insure that the kids who they play are eligible. The only time the TSSAA gets involved is when someone from another school reports a violation. If that doesn't happen, they don't go out of their way to look for errors or problems!

What seems to happen is that the Coach and School submitted a report that they thought was correct, based on the information provided by the school, the TSSAA signed off on the report. Now there are allegations that the paper work was not correct and that the young man was not in compliance with the rules.

CPA self-reported and took it like a man... I guess we'll have to see if the Green Wave wins their appeal. I have no doubt that many kids will suffer because of this rule but we must try to follow the rules! I also know that this is not the TSSAA's fault! There is no use blaming Ronnie Carter on this issue! :angry:

The rules are very clear about this sort of thing! A child must live with BOTH parents or the LEGAL guardian! If there is a change of address... it must be certified by the head coach and principal as being the legal residence of the legal guardian. The TSSAA provides conditional approval assuming the facts are correct as reported to the TSSAA.

If the parents were in the middle of a divorce and the parent had legal custody of the child, the move would be okay; however, if the kid moves in with his grandparents and the school reports that he is living with his father or mother... then the school is in violation of the rules.

It is plain to see that some of your info is not entirely correct, ELA.

The player in question does live with his mother. She lives with her mother in Gallatin. The player in question's legal guardian is his mother, not the step father which still lives in metro.

Ronnie Carter did give approval twice. The eligibility rules say Executive Director.

The facts are correct, the forms ask for information and that is what was given.

It is also recommended that the school that a transfer student is leaving give information for eligibility, Article II sec.31. Why was this not given back in Aug.?

What right to a child does the step parent have if there was no adoption?

Why is it so hard to believe that Gallatin did nothing wrong?

Why is Ronnie Carter beyond reproach?

Why have you not read the 18 pages discussing the issue before you post, then you would have known that your above quote was inaccurate.

You do not have to be for Gallatin but do get the facts straight :angry:

If Gallatin had done something wrong than I assure you it would have been reported. This is not our first rodeo ya know. We've had transfer students before.