Best team in Tennessee

falconfan94

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree with you on the raw talent of Lincoln County, I just don't see them beating MBA. Although they have the players to do it this year, MBA just has too much for most. Rutledge is an AMAZING coach, they run an insane variety of plays and fronts extremely well, and have the balance to throw the ball or run the ball.....extremely successfully either way. But who knows, maybe the talent and coaching at Lincoln could overcome MBA and I just don't see it.

I'll defer my choice until at least this Friday night.

I will say that of the teams I have seen, MBA, Lincoln County, Christian Brothers, Franklin and Brentwood Academy are all very good. I really think this Lincoln County team is better than many in the DII world are giving them credit for. Most years, the quality of the football in DIIAAA is clearly the best. MBA would have beaten Brentwood badly last year, for example. This year, I think LC could play with anyone.

Lincoln County is a very good football team this year. They are an old school team that has both good size and good speed and they run the ball right at teams. They are a solid football team on both sides of the ball. MBA is also a very good team on both sides of the ball. The 2 keys to the game would be if LC could throw the football because MBA has the size needed to put 8 in the box and force LC to throw. The 2nd key would be if LC could play pass defense well enough to stop the multiple sets and formations that MBA would show them in the passing game. This would be a big game and most big games are won with discipline and the kicking game.

I'm with itzme. I'd say it's very hard to rate the top five or six teams in an exact order. WesVols just always seems to be on a D-II AAA high-horse. He knows I feel that way too; it's just too bad I can't fix his problem :D Lincoln County is in a virtual tie with MBA if you ask me, they just don't have the national attention.

I disagree with having Germantown so high. But that's just me. Seems odd that year after year they seem the best in the West but it's typically a Middle Tennessee team representing the western-half of the bracket. Just my opinion though.

Lincoln County is a very good football team this year. They are an old school team that has both good size and good speed and they run the ball right at teams. They are a solid football team on both sides of the ball. MBA is also a very good team on both sides of the ball. The 2 keys to the game would be if LC could throw the football because MBA has the size needed to put 8 in the box and force LC to throw. The 2nd key would be if LC could play pass defense well enough to stop the multiple sets and formations that MBA would show them in the passing game. This would be a big game and most big games are won with discipline and the kicking game.

I ASSURE you that the Falcons can stop the passing game... or at least they could in week 0! They were on our WRs like latex-gloves!

I can't vouch for the private schools, but as for public and specifically 5A, Lincoln Co. has proven themselves to be the best so far, only gettting close games from Franklin and Riverdale. I would have all 3 of those in the top 10, with Franklin right behind Lincoln Co. because I think they are playing much better than they were in that early season matchup. MBA probably has more size and more sophisticated plays and formations (not to mention money and resources) but I would be willing to bet that Lincoln Co., Franklin, and probably a couple other 5A teams could hang with just about anyone in state.