State Soccer Results

brownhut

Guest poopypants

Look at monkey's post and it pretty much explains everything. It was a good hard fought game. Farragut kind of came out a little flat in the first half and Franklin scored a goal. Farragut starting controlling the game with about 15 minutes left in the first half and didn't let down the rest of the game. Franklin's next goal was off a cross and the ball knuckled in at the last second. Then the third goal was an own goal. The shots were Farragut 29 Franklin 7 so that pretty much somes it up right there. Farragut deserved to win but they didn't put the ball in the net. Congratulations to Franklin!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the truth she really didn't. They had so many people in the box that it had to go through about 5 Franklin players before it even got to her. That's pretty much the only way Farragut was going to lose though, they did what they had to do.

*monkey*

The Farragut team is one of the most aggressive teams I have seen in a number of years. They are big, skilled, and have great team speed. However, the thing that impressed me the most was how relentless they were on the attack. They will be back in the state tournament next year.

Having said this, the Franklin team was very opportunistic and made the most of the shots they had. From the defensive standpoint, although Farragut had 27 shots on goal, a number of those shots were taken with a Franlin defender on them. This accounts for the number of shots either wide of or over the goal. In addition, contrary to your post, the Franklin goalie was quite active and made a number of saves, including three diving saves. All total, she had at least 10 saves in the game. Farragut was very aggressive on offense, but Franklin was equally aggressive in defending their goal.

Great game played by two very good teams! :)

You are correct. I didn't mean anything against the Franklin keeper because she is a very good keeper. What I meant is that...she would of had to make a whole lot more saves if the ball didn't have to go through 5 people to get there. I do agree with you on the fact that Franklin capitalizes and that's Farragut's main problem. They all work their butts off to get the ball up there, but then they waste their chances. That's the way its always been for them; I used to play there so I should know. That's the main thing they need to improve on, and if they do they could have an even better chance at the state championship than they did this year as long as everyone stays around. So watch out for Farragut next year...they are only losing 3 players. Each had a big impact on the field and off, but they will have good team leadership next year. Sorry I got kind of off topic there...who does everyone think will win between Franklin and Hendersonville? I have really gone back and forth on this one and I really can't decided. Should be a great game! Good luck to everyone and congratulations on getting to the finals girls!!

*monkey*

Farragut did have a defender on them when they were shooting.......but they just

couldn't finish.....maybe an off night. They also took alot of "panic" shots which

may also account for their not "finishing."

Franklin played conservative in the second half which allowed more shots to be

taken by Farragut, although several that were not very high percentage shots.

Farragut is a good team, probably better than Hendersonville.

Franklin's goals were scored or assisted predominantly by two Freshman and

a Sophomore.

See you next year. :ph34r:

I definitely think that Farragut is a better team than Hendersonville.They have played them three times this year. They won the first 6 to 1 and then they lost the second 1 to 0 but they had also played Cordova, Franklin, and Brentwood in the two days prior and then they won the last one 6 to 0. If Farragut could finish the ball they would beat everyone in the state, but I don't think they really have the mental strength. I applaud Franklin on their ability to finish and their ability to pull through when it counts. I think this team has the most mental strength of everyone because they don't let things get into their head like some other teams. Congratulations Franklin on a well deserved championship. Good luck to everyone next season.