Germantown Red Devils presence and power

wboyd87

Hey, I live in the Germantown area and I've attended all the home and away games for Germantown High School. Man!!! I can't get enough of these guys! They play like it's the Super Bowl each and every Friday night they've taken the field. The composure and presence of this team is unbearable. This all comes from their leaders: Brandon Patterson, Jake Kasser, Carlos Dixon, Zach West, Allen Toney, Lee Smith, Rashod Cole, and new head coach in his 1st season as head coach-Charlie White. Coach White has taken this team and put a coal under their tail and got them looking towards that state title in which hasn't been theirs since 1983. Jake Kasser, Allen Toney, and Zach West lead a powerful defense that is drooling over that "fresh piece of meat" under center. These 3 guys are looking to end their senior year with that big ring around their finger come March and April. On the other side of the ball, Brandon Patterson, Carlos Dixon, and Rashod Cole take every defense and just overpower anything that comes near them. Carlos Dixon has rushed for over 1,000 yards in the season and that's been because of the Red Devil line. In my eyes, these guys are hungry and willing to tear anything into shreads that comes in their path! If one was to play these guys I would have to change my whole game plan just to even have an attempt to stop this football 'powerhouse!!!' My theory is that this team will make it to state on their strong leadership form all parts of the field along with their presence and energy that is feeded off every win. My question to you, is where do you think Germantown will end up and how are they going to get to state?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll run into more teams that are like a Christian Brothers as you go through the playoffs. There are a lot of talented teams that Germantown doesn't match up well with in Middle Tennessee that they'd have to go through, such as Franklin or Brentwood. And then if you do that, you'd have to face a Lincoln County or DB and that would be another group that would have too many weapons and too strong of a defense. All of these teams are more diversified in their attacks than Germantown and much more problematic to defend.

I have seen Germantown play 4 times this year (CBHS, White Station, Houston and Collierville). CBHS' defensive front caused them fits and CBHS mis-direction offense confused Germantown's linebackers. Gtown dominated the other 3 teams with the game basicaly over at halftime. They did it by contolling field position and pounding away with their running game. I think they have figured out the mis-direction offense from what I saw against Houston and Collierville.

I have watched Germantown play since 1989, when my younger brother played for them. They played in the 1990 State Championship Game against Lincoln County which was led by Kelly Holcomb. I also, watched them play in the mid 90s when they lost to Riverdale in the State Championship and last year when they lost to Brentwood in the Semis.

The reason I bring up the history is that I do believe that this Germantown team is like those in years past. They pretty much have a one-dimensional offense and if they run up against a team with a strong defense. like CBHS, they will have issues. From what I have heard and read Middle TN has five or so teams that can dominate (LC, Franklin, Brentwood, Riverdale and Dickson). The Mid-TN teams seem to be more diverse on offense and solid on defense every year and I expect this to be no exception.

My prediction is that Gtown will make it to the Semis where they will run into someone from Mid TN and that will be the end of it.

I don't know, folks....

I know that Germantown has had a hard time getting past regions 3-6 in the past, but those past 9-1 or 10-0 seasons weren't made against other strong teams. Massey's and unapproved website ratings show three teams in the top ten that Germantown beat! I would be VERY careful about dismissing the Red Devils chance to make it to Murfreesboro in December, especially if my team had to play them between now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

Inability to pass will be their problem. I don’t know if their QB has a good arm but they have a big tight end with good hands; his brother is at UT. They're going to have to be able to pass to make it all the way. On the other hand, I know Charlie White & I played against Germantown in the late 80's. They are ALWAYS a well-coached team. Also, they have a good punter which will help in close games.