Smallest Gym in Tennessee

Timber

Winfield Middle School's gym is prolly the smallest, the have two rows of bleachers on both sides, and the court isn't wide enough for the 3 point line to make it to the corners

Are you referring to the Winfield Middle in Scott Co., just north of Oneida. If so they have a new gym this year, it is pretty nice. About like Huntsville Middle.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake County's middle school gym has got them all beat. The court is cut off about 5 feet on each of the sides going longways. The bleachers are only 3 rows and they are made of wood.

Plus..we had beams in the way that kept people from seeing the game..but good news..Lake co just opened up their new gym about a month ago..It's very nice..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SC_jellyroll_2

Richard Hardy's (District 6-A) gym is the smallest gym in the state no doubt about it, the half court line was the 3 point line and there was no backcourt violations when u played there , but i hear their building a new one

I know I will probably get bashed by all the fans of the school I am about say, but it is the smallest gym I have ever been in, besides the old Lake County Middle School gym. The Middleton gym is about the smallest high school gym I have been to. Some people had to stand up the entire game and most were on the sidelines blocking the entrance to get into the gym. If I remember correctly, I belive they asked the people to sit down or they had to leave. I might be wrong, but I think that is right. The problem with that was there was no places left to sit and people had already paid for their tickets to see the game. People had no choice but to stand up. It was mostly the LC people standing. I know there were a few Middleton folks, but it was mainly the Lake County people. Maybe because it was a sub-state game and so many people were there, but still it was small and not to mention very hot! I know I will probably get all kinds of replies to this from the Middleton people, but it is small. I am just glad I got there early and was lucky enough to get a seat! It was very crowded where I was sitting, but at least I wasn't standing up.

I know I will probably get bashed by all the fans of the school I am about say, but it is the smallest gym I have ever been in, besides the old Lake County Middle School gym. The Middleton gym is about the smallest high school gym I have been to. Some people had to stand up the entire game and most were on the sidelines blocking the entrance to get into the gym. If I remember correctly, I belive they asked the people to sit down or they had to leave. I might be wrong, but I think that is right. The problem with that was there was no places left to sit and people had already paid for their tickets to see the game. People had no choice but to stand up. It was mostly the LC people standing. I know there were a few Middleton folks, but it was mainly the Lake County people. Maybe because it was a sub-state game and so many people were there, but still it was small and not to mention very hot! I know I will probably get all kinds of replies to this from the Middleton people, but it is small. I am just glad I got there early and was lucky enough to get a seat! It was very crowded where I was sitting, but at least I wasn't standing up.

Yeah, it is small. It is best to get there earlier or you will be standing. I thought our gym was small but Westside is even smaller, and need remodeling bad.

Edited by wkid87

I haven't seen it, but Richard Hardy opened a new gym this year. And I've been to Middle Tennessee Christian's gym, and it is pretty small, but it doesn't hold a candle to Richard Hardy's old gym. It was tiny. It was so small that you couldn't play full court, and that's not an exaggeration. Anyone who's ever been there will say its the smallest in the state. Does anyone who's ever been there disagree?

No kidding, Grace's gym is small and old and hot... its not a fun place to be

Omg bro u talk about a hot gym is squatchie ahh i thought i was going to die and i was just sitting there.. and they have orange lights no lie they are orange.. i guess they are heat lights lol.. and this is were the district tournament is going to be held stinks for all the other school because u have to play with orange lights hahaha and dont have a heat stroke!!!!