upsets in 4A play-offs?

columbia central

I would have to disagree . Maryville was extremely fortunate to beat Hillsboro last year after some great coaching gambles paid off for Maryville in the second half. Hillsboro is a better team this year and if they do not turn the ball over look for them to take the title by 2 TD regardless who they play.

Maryville might get beat this year, but don't even try to sell them out for last years championship. There was a whole lot more than luck involved in beating Hillsboro. Not only were the "trick" plays executed perfectly, but Maryville wore Hillsboro down physically. That is why Maryville won. Coaching AND conditioning.

As far as this year goes, I don't think anyone unexpected will come out of the East. Maryville, Cleveland, MoWest, and Knox Central all have legitimate shots.

Upsets - Even though Cleveland has a legit chance based on their record, I think Knox west will upset them first round. Chatt Central will be the only region 4 school to make it to round two. MoWest will dominate until round four, as usual.

I have no idea what will happen in the west. Hillsboro vs. Maryville round III is a possibility. Hillsboro certainly has the motivation.

the champion is going to be someone we would never guess!!! :angry:

I hope your right. Region 7 champion JCM,after a slump earlier this year, made some midseason changes and has been playing their best ball of the season the last few weeks. No one gives them a chance. Maybe the Cougars can continue to get better and surprise a few folks.