Best players ever

john007

It's a shame Chad Henderson along with a couple of others didn't turn out to be the person their potential could have let them be. I grew up watching him play football and was disappointed to see all his talent go to waste. Sometimes I wish I could change the past and see what some of these individuals could have become. On the same note....I agree he and many of the others were head and shoulders above the rest of the state in their respective years.

I agree about Chad Henderson. I watched him in the 1993 5A title game. He was awesome.

Chad Henderson,Dante Hickey,Travis Cozart and Reggie Brown were the biggest waste of talents that I ever seen. All 4 of those guys were NFL players potentially.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who falls into the categories of great high school player, and a waste of potential is Dustin Moore. He was a great tailback at Greeneville High School in the mid 90's. He rushed for 2,100 yards and 37 tds. He also averaged 40+ yards per kick return. He won the class 4A Mr. Football award in 93. He went to UT and got in trouble and expelled. He got a 2nd chance with the Vikings and couldn't get out of bed for workouts. What could have been.

Bill Bates...Saw him at UT and the "Boys"

But just in TN HS

Mark Allison (QB, BB)

Lance Wheaton (QB from Midway)

Johnny Sisco (129 pound Tail Back from South Pittsburg, just ask the 1985 Oneida defense)

Carl Lehr (TB from South Pittsburg)

David Wyatt (Full Back/Line Backer from South Pittsburg)

Chris Ferrell (QB/BB from South Pittsburg)

Eddie Brown (Tail Back from Marion County High)

Eddie Moore (South Pittsburg, TB and safety)

Tim Moore (O line SP)

Mack Moore (SE from South Pitt)

These guys I have seen play in HS. Granted I was really young when I saw Eddie Brown.

Edited by rlh

You cannot leave out Kent Austin from 1980, All-American QB from Brentwood Academy who played at Ole Miss. Held NCAA passing record for most consecutive passes completed. Took his CFL team to several Grey Cup championships. Undoubtedly, the best QB to ever play at BA. Extremely tough.

Brandon, I love your "historical" perspective, if you will. My BA-backing days only extend back to 1995, so it's always great to hear about players before my time. Even I knew about Kent Austin, though...sounds like he was a thrill to watch!

Oh, and you're not old...I'm just young!!