McMinn County V.S. Dobyns Bennet

MCHSGoTribe

mchs,

Gettin' a little testy, huh? You didn't get a social studies lesson, but you probably need one; you should read the posts of other people for what they have said, not for what you are looking for in an attempt to talk some trash. Missions are good, are you Mormon? Just about as silly as your attempt to downgrade.

I asked for an Xs & Os discussion from anyone from McMinn County on 11/8 @ 8:45pm with some specific questions, you answered some of them 3 minutes later...I appreciate that...I'll repeat the unanswered questions, What is your primary defensive front? How many passes per game do you average? Who did the best job against you this year? and why were they successful?

I really am a nice guy who loves high school football, you don't have to try to fight, just try to converse...see, that is what I was trying to explain to you earlier about the posts between some of the O.R. fans and Jeff Co fans and D-B fans, we show respect and enjoy and appreciate each others opinions and don't have to insult anyone.

I look forward to talking with you more.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope yall understand and I know most of you do. That guy, I am not one to mention names is not the typical OR fan. We have as much class as any program and community in the state. Dont let 91 squeeky wheels make all the noise representing our fine football program and community.

And for the other person who said we will see who is REALLY the

REGION 2-5A champions. I hate to tell ya bud. That has already been determined.

It is THE OAK RIDGE WILDCATS 6-0 IN REGION 2 5A. If we never win another game, ever we are still 2003 region 2-5 A CHAMPS. Whether we win Friday and advance to play DB or Mcminn nothing can change that.

I hope yall understand and I know most of you do. That guy, I am not one to mention names is not the typical OR fan. We have as much class as any program and community in the state. Dont let 91 squeeky wheels make all the noise representing our fine football program and community.

And for the other person who said we will see who is REALLY the

REGION 2-5A champions. I hate to tell ya bud. That has already been determined.

It is THE OAK RIDGE WILDCATS 6-0 IN REGION 2 5A. If we never win another game, ever we are still 2003 region 2-5 A CHAMPS. Whether we win Friday and advance to play DB or Mcminn nothing can change that.

Don't you mean 7-0? Get your stats right OR "fan".

All I have to say is none of this trasht alk is gonna mean jack on friday night. The Indians faithfull will come out of the woodwork and fill J. Fred to the brim. The troops will line up in their stretch lines in the endzone. No doubt about it McMinn will probably have one of Coach Vance's favorrite "White boy" Clap routine during their stretching. T-Naughty will walk up and down the troops in the endzone getting everyone hyped. Then the Indians will start going over some plays and in the background you will hear the heartbeat of the largest band in the state of Tennessee getting closer and closer until they are filling the endzone. Then its time for the walk. Oh if this doesn't get you pumped up then you must be dead, cause it gets my heart pumping faster than ever every time. I talked to some boys and they said that most of the week all you have heard from the team is how jacked up they are. Trust me they are not gonna take the cherokees lightly, Get Crunked

Edited by DRDB

I think I am one of a few that has seen both DB and McMinn Co. play this season. I can tell you that both teams are very talented and both teams are very beatable. DB has a lot of speed but so does McMinn. McMinn is not as flashy as DB but they get the job done just as well. Both teams have showed tendencies to play bad and both teams have rellied in the second half to beat good teams. I do know that both Coach Clark and Coach Hutchins are both putting all of their resources into this game and not thinking about week 3. If both teams show up with their "A" game, it should be a barn burner. If one team brings thier "A-", they will lose. I am excited about watching this one.

Does anyone have any information about the 13 McMinn starters who are sick with the flu. That was just a number thrown out and I was wondering if it were true. If so, get well soon and good luck to both teams.

And guys (or girls), lets not trash talk about the game, these are kids 15-18 that are going to play their hearts out on Friday night. The fact that they have put so much time and effort into this season is reason enough to give both teams a lot of respect and praise.

My prediction:

DB 24

MC 28

Hey DRDB...Please do not resort to the Kellen Winslow attitude and refer to DB's players as "troops." That is very disrespectful to the many U.S. Military men and women fighting and giving their lives for our country. I understand you have the right to say whatever you like, but please do not disrespect our troops by referring to a bunch of high school football players as "Troops."

Zing17 here is the update on the flu @ McMinn. At yesterday's pracice we had 8 players out of defense and 5 out on offense. As you can imagine this is terrible timing for a team that is playing about as well as anyone .

Our team Doctor was @ practice and saw each player and wrote prescripitions to about 40 players and coaches. It is a fact that we may be without several key players come Friday night, because some have pneumonia and will not even make the trip to Kingsport.

The TSSAA has been contacted to see if the date of the game could be moved to Sat. or Sunday but that can not be done unless the school is closed because of the illness. The logic behind that idea I think was to give our team some time to prepare, you see it is hard to practice when half of your team is @ home.

Well enough said about the sickness, I feal confident coach Hutchins will do the best he can to have his team prepared and will be ready to play.

Skunk, I appreciate the post to get this thread back on track. Name calling and all of the "we're going to stomp you because DB beat OR and OR beat McM. Co." was getting old. I mean the game still has to be played Friday nite doesn't it? Some times I'm not sure everyone on here understands that.

Now, on to some insights from this Cherokee fan. It is my understanding that McMinn practiced yesterday without five defensive starters and four offensive starters due to the flu. And several others are sick or coming down with it. One player even has pneumonia. So, in my opinion the reference earlier in the thread that implied that these kids are sick because it's playoff time has no business on this message board. Hopefully these guys can recover enough to be able to play. I think a healthy Cherokee team has a good shot at upsetting the Indians. We played our worst game of the season at OR and, according to one of their coaches, OR played their best game. This same coach also said that McMinn was the most physical team they had played (this coming after they had already played DB). Consider other common opponents:

DB 28 SD 7

McMinn 26 SD 9 (closing minutes TD or it could have been 3)

DB 41 S. Hill 13

McMinn 34 S. Hill 7

Does McMinn win Friday nite? Without a healthy squad, no. With a healthy squad, I don't know. The game still has to be played. I think McMinn is good enough to win 4 games out of a 10 game series with DB.

P.S. To Cherokee fans, we are the "real" tribe. And the intelligent Tribe fans down here know that to DB fans the Indians are the "real" tribe. Let's put this ridiculous argument to rest.