McMinn County V.S. Dobyns Bennet

MCHSGoTribe

I just spoke to a parent of one the the players that has this illness, and from what I am hearing them say there is no way their child could even travel to DB let alone even consider playing in a ballgame. It appears the situation is getting worse instead of better.

But you know what, the cherokees will still be there and I have always heard a wounded animal is more dangerous when they are hurt.

Does anybody know a medicine man or could we get the pope to come to Athens and sprinkle some of that holy water on our team?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Co is going to give Dobynns-Bennett fits on friday night. I believe that McMinn Co is a very underrated team and could put a whooping on a lot of good teams. They have had their down games but so has every other team. DB has a lot of talent though. I think a lil too much for the Cherokees to handle. DB will win this battle of the Natives.

DB- 24

MC - 22

27ALLGO

We are good to go. We are both the Tribe (as I said there are quite a few in TN). My 9th grade son has missed school this week as have many other kids at D-B, so I am sure that the illness situation is legit and serious and that has nothing to do with football, but rather with the health of the students. I wish them all good health. It is a tough time, playoffs, the excitement of what can be, and then to get sick and have, if nothing else, preparation time cut short, and potentially miss the game; man, that is tough on a high school athlete.

The Indians are preparing for the Cherokees, period. They have seen tape and are getting ready for an outstanding team to come to Kingsport. I don't think the

D-B coaches have been informed as to which of the Cherokees are sick, so they are preparing for the team as seen on tape(s). It should be a great game - it's the "sweet 16", that's good stuff.

Let's everyone stop the name calling and smack talking and talk strategy, weather, the excitement of TSSAA playoff action...

I'm telling you McMinn fans, we've got some good restaurants up here in Kingsport (but, I still can't find out what is being served @ the tailgate dinner, but the cost is $6.00).

What is your primary defensive front? Do your defensive backs work predominately in man or zone coverage? Who was most successful against you this year and why? Does your QB throw better on the run or from the pocket?

Let's talk about the game.

Roll Tribe Roll

WaCoJaCo I detect a bit sarcasm in your last post. I would hope that you would want McMinn to be healthy instead of playing @ half strength.

I have told you once if you doubt the truthfulness of the illness that has effected our team call the school . If you don't want to do that then keep your mouth shut about us faking this whole thing. My goodness man we are talking about kids that have fevers around 102.

If you have the same illness that we have you need to be in bed and not on coacht.

yea this sickness is no joke. there are many of the starters sick. if they have a s much heart as i think they do they will be there. and playin. but its not all about heart if your really bad sick but i assure they still wanna play. many other students are out other than just football players too.

Look buster Im coming down with the flu. Believe it or not. And I never said anybody was faking it at McMinn. You people are just looking for a argument. And you should be careful about telling people to shut their mouth. Also while I have the flu, I will be where ever I want to be. On CoachT, at the Mall, playing in the street, or whatever. You have a nice day.

WaCo :o JaCo

I want to lend my support to all the sick players at Mcminn Co. Healthy people seem to heal faster. Is it going to be fast enough? We can only hope. My mind wonders back to the seniors for a lot of them this would be a terrible end to a good season. Even if they do feel better and can play, missing a week of preparation will definitely be a dis-advantage. I hate to see any team win or loose because of something out of their control. I find it hard to believe that anyone in DB would want anything like that to affect the game. Most everyone up there realize that these are all someones children. Although there isnt anything DB can do about the situtation, I am sure a win, if that is the way it goes, will not feel as good due to the mis-fortunes of McMinn Co. playes. If Mcminn does happen to pull this one out how much motivation that would be for them. Everything happens for a reason. Good luck Friday night

Get Well Mcminn Co. you DESERVE a legitimate chance at this game