Wayne County vs Ezell Harding

twh06

As an outside observer to Class A football, it seems as though the private schools are bitter about being seen as having an advantage over the non-private schools. I'm tired of reading the ridiculous exaggerations about the technological advantages.

I get the same impression truth.

My IQ went up 20% just by reading the witty sarcastic commentary by the private sympathizers on this board. Truthfully I don't see why a private school wouldn't want to play in a secondary school association more befitting of their education.

We can only hope Coach Crews will be able to "crack the code" of Ezell's super intelligent offense. But we must remember, he is a product of the poor subculture that is public schools.

But seriously folks lets get back to the subject at hand. Wayne Co by two touchdowns!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ezell won but look who has what is more important!! Wayne County showed respect all year you never saw ruddle walk to the opponents side line and yell "LOOK AT THE SCORE WHO'S WINNING NOW" then walk off unlike ezell wayne county would have got an unsportsmanlike conduct call against us but you know wayne county hasnt got millions of dollars to pay refs and TSSAA directors to win we win honestly!!!

GREAT SEASON CATS!!!!!

YOU STILL ARE CHAMPIONS REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE REFS GIVE TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!!!

Ezell won but look who has what is more important!! Wayne County showed respect all year you never saw ruddle walk to the opponents side line and yell "LOOK AT THE SCORE WHO'S WINNING NOW" then walk off unlike ezell wayne county would have got an unsportsmanlike conduct call against us but you know wayne county hasnt got millions of dollars to pay refs and TSSAA directors to win we win honestly!!!

GREAT SEASON CATS!!!!!

YOU STILL ARE CHAMPIONS REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE REFS GIVE TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!!!

Blah Blah Blah...... I had to hear all you Wayne County fans go on and on about how you guys had the harder schedule and how you got the better record and the better running game....yada yada yada. I'm not even a Ezell fan but I'm glad they won. Good job Ezell, now you get the honors of getting killed next week.

So you're telling me a private school, from the city, is going to go to a small town, in a rural area and get all the calls from the refs?

Give me a break. My senior year Wayne Co. came to Ezell for the girls' substate and we got hosed from the opening tip. (that's when I fell in love with Erica Davenport, but that's a different story for a different board. :D

If a ref is bad, it's because they're bad, not because they're paid.

On a side note,

Region 5 is better than Region 6. Sorry, just stating facts.

My senior year Wayne Co. came to Ezell for the girls' substate and we got hosed from the opening tip.

I was at that game. Anyone who has ever played at Ezell will get a big laugh out of that one. Trust me, you didn't get hosed by the refs. You got beat by a better team. Tough loss Cats, good season anyway. You guys hung in there and I genuinely wish you guys would have won. What's up TFranks! Me rooting for Ezell? I may be from C'wood, but I have not lost my mind yet. Wish your bro good luck for me for this upcoming Bball season. Take care.

Ezell-Harding overcomes 21-0 deficit

Tennessean Staff Reports

WAYNESBORO — Down 21-0 in the second quarter, Ezell-Harding rallied to score five unanswered touchdowns and win 42-35 over Wayne County in the second round of the Class 1A playoffs.

Ezell-Harding (9-3) will travel to DCA in next Friday’s quarterfinals.

Matt Fields scored what turned out to be the winning touchdown in the fourth quarter on a 49-yard run.

Kyle Todd became the first 1,000-yard rusher under Coach Scott Smith, running for a career-high 209 yards and scoring twice.

The Eagles ran for 380 yards, their highest total in three years.

Quarterback Randy Schlappi threw for two touchdowns and kicked all six of Ezell-Harding’s extra points. Jeremy Gettis scored two touchdowns, one in the air and one on the ground. ²

380 yards rushing?