Knoxville West @ Knoxville Central

medman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think central is over rated. Along with maryville they have played in one of the weakest regions this year....They faced two tough opponents in mcallie and maryville and got beat. Mcallie held jackson to something like 59 yards and got pounded on. If maryville didnt fumble the point and turn the ball over 3 times it would have been a beat down there too...So put your 71 points up on clinton and thank your good but when it comes to playing maryville again.....I leave it at that! All maryville has to do is hold jackson to a resonsible night and they will win big. Their quaterback isnt good enough to win big games for them.

Good Analyses 1footballfan, you made great points. I do think West could pull the upset if one really thinks Central is the favorite? I give Central the nod of what they could do, even though they have not preformed that well this year. West has beaten a quality opponent in Cleveland and on the Blue Hoard’s home turf. No one has beaten Cleveland at home this year and I think Only Maryville pulled that off last year. Central has not beaten a quality opponent yet this year in the two they faced, Maryville and McCallie. Maryville did not play very well and will need to if the Rebs are going to defend their crown.

1footballfan,

The West coach didn't make the comment about they should be undefeated, it was when they were interviewing Abdul "Hootie" Henderson after the Cleveland game.

One thing to consider is that West was really banged up in the week 2 matchup. They were without 3 starting linebackers and couldn't tackle Cassen. I'm not saying it will lead to a West win but people didn't realize it because Coach Cummings didn't make excuses about getting beat. Tanner Hiles at middle LB makes a difference for them. They are as healthy right now as they have been all year.

O.K. I stand corrected. It was not a coach that made the statement, but an overzealous player. As far as the LB situation goes, all three started the game against Central, and if I am not mistaken again, and I don't think that I am, Cassen Jackson put two of them out of the game. I know for a fact that he put the MLB out. I remember seeing the hit.

Was unable to attend Centrals victory over E. Ridge Friday. That is the good thing about retirement. You can just get up and go. Had a fishing buddy ask me to go out to South Dakota for a little Pheasant hunting. Anyway I was shocked when I found out Central would be at home Friday vs. West. All West did was give Central a free ticket to a rematch vs. Maryville. Central is much better on defense than they were in their first meeting against the Rebels. West will find it very difficult to stop Helton, Jackson and company. All Central fans should send thank you cards to West for taking care of Cleveland and making it easier for the Bobcats to advance. Central wins big 42 -13. By the way will Young play? It appears his ankle is still giving him a little trouble.

young will play and be a factor in the game. As for everyone talking about central getting a break in the maryville game on that punt. Yeah they did but football is a game of who makes the least mistakes and who capitalizes on mistakes of the other team. So it could go either way. We will hopefully see in about a week but West comes first and lets get back to that game.

young will play and be a factor in the game. As for everyone talking about central getting a break in the maryville game on that punt. Yeah they did but football is a game of who makes the least mistakes and who capitalizes on mistakes of the other team. So it could go either way. We will hopefully see in about a week but West comes first and lets get back to that game.

I think a Central/Maryville rematch is what everyone is wanting. In response to mistakes etc. Maryville was without two suspended starters, and their one available QB had an extremely sore shoulder. those aren't excuses just facts. They threw the ball about ten times or fewer that night. Very uncharacteristic for them. Besides if a team wins despite adversity it is hard to accuse them of making excuses. If there is a rematch though Central will see a Maryville team at full strength.

I disagree with you MHSREBS! Central is a team out there looking to knock you all off. I think if the rematch goes down, Central could end the Maryville streak.

Like everyone we play is not out there looking to knock us off? Geez tell us something we don't already know. Already looking to keep your perfect record predicting Maryville games going I see.

I realize that many of you Maryville folks think that the world revolves around Maryville but this thread is about the Central and the West REBELS game. Yes it is true that since Central played the West REBELS they have improved greatly on defense. So Maryville fans there is more than one Rebel around. This week the West Rebels get there spanking and next week it will be the Rebels from Blount Countys turn. Oh! and by the way Central was not at full strength vs Maryville. That is why Helton was playing on defense. One of there best D.B.'s was out of the game for some reason. Not an excuse just a fact.