Maryville vs. Chatt. Central

mrebel171113

I'm sorry that I have to say this, but I can't believe that any true Maryville or any other team fan, can say that they think someone can beat their team, sure it might be true, but that doesn't really give their team motivation, I'm not picking on just one person, I've seen this throughout the year, and I believe Maryville can make it to the State Chmpionship this year. When they really want to, and the fans get wild, they can make a stance. I went to the game last night, and throughout the first quarter the Maryville fans just didn't seem to be in it, I don't know if we are spoiled or what. Maryvlle's team can do it, they just have to believe and ignore trash talk, (especially this week). Injuries have affected this team, but these injuries just might show what the future of the Rebels have to offer. Next week, I hope to see another big W for Maryville. I'm sorry if this post has offended someone, but I had to say something.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for the many Maryville faithful.............What is up with the Maryville offense not throwing the ball to Tyler Gaskin? Tyler was one on one all night and open most of the time. I think he had two passes tossed his way last night. At 6'"3" and great hands and jumping ability, he should see 5 to 10 balls a game. Tyler has been under utilized all year and IMO for the Maryville offense to reach the apex Tyler has to be more involved in the passing attack. ...........JMO

I have sort of wondered the same thing MLREB.

MRedRebs, I'd say I was guilty of sittin' on my hands and not gettin' into it. But, I'll guarantee you that that will change come next Friday.

These seniors will pull on that black jersey for the last time at home and I'm sure they'll play with emotion. And I'll be there to support them with that same emotion.

Go Rebs.

Well they did put a pretty good whipin on us for the first three quarters. And they played tremendously. I am a die-hard rebels fan, but i have to say they were more prepared than us. But dont go puttin them down cause that just makes Maryville look bad. Hey purplepoundersfootball, classy post, thanks. RamTrain, give em a break. They played great and they showed no sign of cockyness (sp?).

Some people must have a case of *sour grapes* with Chatt. Central. I saw absolute class out of their team as well as their fans. Best of luck in the future to this program. As for the game, it was a hard fought game on both sides. Was it pretty? No, but a win is a win and the Rebs live to fight another day. A.B. made some of the toughest runs I have seen from him this year. Chris McCord, what else can you say? He is simply money when the pressure is on, a warrior. The offensive line opened the holes for them when they needed the big plays as we have all come to expect. Did anyone doubt that Chris was gonna bust off a big one when he got another chance after the fumble? It looked as if Maryville could have passed on them with the way Central was jamming the line of scrimmage but CQ made the right calls to get the victory and thats the bottom line. The defense only gave up one long drive for a score, FG. The TD drive was on a short field after a missed onside kick. They bent but didnt break. With more growth and experience I look for the defense to be more dominent. I dont know where I would rank Chatt. Central on the teams Maryville has played this year. I think Morristown West was by far the best defense and Knox Central the best offense. The effort given by the Rebels with all the injuries this year has been remarkable. Go Rebs!

Question for the many Maryville faithful.............What is up with the Maryville offense not throwing the ball to Tyler Gaskin? Tyler was one on one all night and open most of the time. I think he had two passes tossed his way last night. At 6'"3" and great hands and jumping ability, he should see 5 to 10 balls a game. Tyler has been under utilized all year and IMO for the Maryville offense to reach the apex Tyler has to be more involved in the passing attack. ...........JMO

How many kids could have made the catch he did the first time they went to him? He made the most tremendous diving catch that I have seen in high school football. I have talked with Tyler about his touches. GQ says he has no problem with Tyler. Tyler is definitely a "teamer". He was MVP of the state championship last year because of his ability and determination to catch several tough catches not to mention the game winner.

So, you tell me. This young man is not getting the attention he deserves. Not from touches, and not from college recruiters.IMHO.

I completely agree with that post. Tyler Gaskin needs to have the ball in his hands more, especially in order to win over Knox Central. He makes a big play every time he touches the ball, and we are gonna need a handful of big plays to win over Central. I saw the catch the other night and it was amazing, i cant recall a better catch by anyone all year, that was definately a college calibur catch. Well, to sum it all up, get gaskin the ball, and it always pushes the rebels closer to a victory.

I agree with you 100% MRed about the Maryville crowd not being into the game Friday night. Without a doubt, that was the quietest I have ever heard the Maryville fans in the first half. Okay, so maybe there wasn't a lot of offense to cheer about; but come on folks, it's the second round of the playoffs! Even before the game started, a smaller Chat Central crowd totally drowned out the big Maryville crowd when the teams ran out on the field.

Yes, I do agree that the Rebel fans are somewhat spoiled. Some fans come to the games EXPECTING to win, and EXPECTING the game to not be very close. When a team gives us a challenge, it's almost as if they are just so shocked they are almost speechless. It's as if they are a little disappointed that the game is interfering with their community social event.

Come on folks! This is the playoffs! This is when it really matters. This is when the crowd needs to be a factor in every game! Finally, in the fourth quarter, after some encouragement by the team, the fans got loud and were a factor in keeping the defense motivated enough to stop Chat Central when we needed to. Don't get me wrong, I love Maryville and I love the Rebel fans. No one could go to Murfreesboro last year and witness the sea of red, the convoy of vehicles on the interstate on the way over, and the excitement of the fans during and after the game and not love the Rebel fans. But we really need to raise the decibel level about 1000% this week compared to last Friday.

One more thing, I DO NOT LIKE THE WAY THE STUDENT SECTION IS ISOLATED ALL THE WAY DOWN AT THE END OF THE FIELD NEAR THE ENDZONE FOR THE ENTIRE GAME! And yes, before someone gives me heck for it, I do realize that the boosters get the prime seats, and that their monetary donations are very important to the program. But wouldn't it be nice if just for this one game this week if the students could sit in the middle of the stadium behind the players and scream their heads off and actually be heard by someone? Just a thought.