DOBYNS BENNETT VS OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

Again I am not a football guru. I am only a fan and make uneducated observations of a very complicated game. With that in mind I post on Coach T for fun and education. Usually If I am wrong someone usually doesn't hesitate to correct me. Ha Ha

OFFENSIVE

establish the run

establish the run

establish the run

stay with what got us here

make adjustments when things start not to work that were successful earlier but do not abandon those things all together.

make DB respect the passing game before it is absolutely necessary to pass.

rotate players one or two at a time.

DEFENSE

Don't let DB 2nd string receivers run our first string secondary to death with long routes on running plays.

Know all the receivers that DB throws to.

( I think DB runs 2nd string receivers on long routes to tire the first string secondary) My evidence of that thought is how many times DB would be behind at half time only to blowup the scoreboard the second half with their passing game.

Be flexible in the secondary move people around to cover their best receivers with our best Defensive backs and safetys.

Hold on to the ball, not the other players !!

Disipline on the snap count

I have said every time this game has been mentioned that turnovers and penaltys will decide this game. The team with the least of each will move on. I refuse to use the word loose anymore to describe the end of the game.

Good Luck to both teams !

What on earth does the word Karns mean ? I cant find it in the dictionary. Therefore it must not have any meaning.

Edited by Wildmanfan

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say it, too...Go Karns. They beat us. They won. Their win energized their school and their community. That is one of the great opportunities of sports, anything can happen and sometimes "anything" does and that can create alot of good things, I'd say it has for the Beavers and it truly has for the Indians, too. The Indians are 11-1 and our lone loss is to the Karns Beavers...it did not hurt me to say that. I am proud of the Dobyns-Bennett season, I am proud of the team. If the season ends on Friday, I will still be very proud...the "Great Eight" (the quarterfinals) is great...do I want to go further? you're dadgum right I do and hope we do, but this is a great year (again) for the Indians...ended up being a pretty good year for Karns as well, I'm proud of them, too.

Now lets continue this good thread about this good game between these two tradition rich programs, playing with pride for pride and the opportunity to play again this year.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Well said Skunk...

This is a great String with 2 great Teams. No need for smatck attacks.. If you don't like DB or OR or hate one or the other, you really have no place on this string.

This is a string with Class. Because Friday Night will be CLASSIC, between the best 2 Football Programs in all of East Tennesee.

Thanks for the input Wildmanfan.... All CoachT posters should get together outside J. Fred Johnson Stadium during pre-game,,,, say 6:00 @ the bottom of the Ramp just at teh Stadium Entrance??

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!!