macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

I can relate to how the MC team feels on not getting any publicity. In 1990 when Trousdale won the state, they were playing Franklin Road Academy in the semis. We hadn't been too good for the past 15 years and the headlines of the paper on that Friday moring read "Franklin Road Looks Forward to Taking on Bruceton in Clinic Bowl". That made us feel unrespected and angered us but we ended up winning. Now everyone knows not to overlook us and that we can win any game. I've concluded that respect comes with winning. The more you win the more respect you get. Lafayette just has to keep winning and their get their respect. However, I've also learned that people not hearing about you leads them to overlook you. This in my opinion is good for MC. Don't worry about publicity. It's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MaconCotgr...stop whining

419carpet...I'll bet the spread if the winner of this game is getting spotted your 50 points in two weeks. You lost all credibility with me on that one. If you play a team from the east and have a good kicker...aka...TC last year.....Kick'it and win.TC couldn't beat Fulton last year so that means neither of these teams should want to win and head east? ?Foggy glasses? As far as the publicity goes...TC, SC and MC are stuck just far enough out of Nashville and too far from east TN to get the respect we deserve!! The only reason we got the coverage in the past two out of three weeks was because we played P-town. Nashville shows love for P-town.

SC didn't overlook MC 8 weeks ago. SC just didn't execute 8 weeks ago. MC was the better team on that night. This will be another good physical football game. MC's win in Week 5 gave SC a wake up call. Now these OWLS are extremely focused!!! I'm sure MC is too. Why can't tommorrow be Friday? OWLS ALL THE WAY!!!

If fan is P.O.ed....Somebody's in for a long night!?!?!

MaconCotgr,Show me where I have showed disrespect for your team?

I could go back to the first SC/MC thread or the TC/MC thread and quote all of your posts. Your predictions of big victories over us.

Anyone who claims that MC's victories over SC and TC were flukes or that the losing team was overlooking us is showing disrespect. Fanman is worse than you, but please guys just admit that we could possibily pull an upset in this game. I'll amdit that SC can win this game. I think MC will win just like SC people think they will win, but I am not predicting a blowout like some of them are.

MC24

SC20

Who is your favorite team anyways?

You may hate us but don't disrespect us.

BTW Reid I'm not whining. I'm stating facts. We have to earn respect from the Tennessean and SC, TC fans. You do that by winning these type of games. Until we do on a consistant basis, People will always look at us as losers. Remember we don't have a Murphy unFair to promote us like SC and TC has. He all but said that SC would walk in this one last Friday. He still hasn't got the facts about the first SC/MC game right, he mistated them again Friday.

Edited by MaconCotgr

I could go back to the first SC/MC thread or the TC/MC thread and quote all of your posts. Your predictions of big victories over us.

Anyone who claims that MC's victories over SC and TC were flukes or that the losing team was overlooking us is showing disrespect. Fanman is worse than you, but please guys just admit that we could possibily pull an upset in this game. I'll amdit that SC can win this game. I think MC will win just like SC people think they will win, but I am not predicting a blowout like some of them are.

MC24

SC20

BTW Reid I'm not whining. I'm stating facts. We have to earn respect from the Tennessean and SC, TC fans. You do that by winning these type of games. Until we do on a consistant basis, People will always look at us as losers. Remember we don't have a Murphy unFair to promote us like SC and TC has. He all but said that SC would walk in this one last Friday. He still hasn't got the facts about the first SC/MC game right, he mistated them again Friday.

What did Murphy misstate? Just curious...I didn't hear him. I find it difficult to believe he predicted a walk for us. What exactly did he say? Again...you guys have the worst inferiority compex I've ever encountered. What do you expect with your past? You have had a very good season this year. Enjoy it...don't complain.

MC24

SC20

Predicting wins for the other team shows disrespect?????. Man you are full of it,you have a problem dealing with real life.I will continue to pick and choose who I think will win ,if you have a problem with that ,get over it.

Man this thread is fun.... ;) ....I am excited about Friday nite. I am looking forward to repaying all the "Old Owls" on the other sideline. We Be Ready.

Fan( B)B) ...and bigreid...we didnt come into the other game with the attitude we had against Trousdale the next week...which was a mistake....I call that overlooking :lol: ...NOT THIS TIME!!!!!)