Marshall County Football

miketiger727

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the coach from Sycamore is the one you guys are talking about, will he be bringing that wide-open shotgun offensive stuff with him. He killed us with it at Jackson Southside a few weeks ago. We had no answers an it sure was fun to watch. With Marshall Counties athletes that style of offense could be lethal!

I played under Mac and Moffet, both were good guys. Coach Mo looked like he had some health problems when he left Moore County. I don't know about him now.Coach Mac cracks me up, he is really fun to watch, control freak, I am not sure, he does however want a say in everything. Motivator, yes. He can get the most out of his players. Mac has a good assiant in Womack. He really knows the game. I am not from Lewisburg, but I wish Mcurrry and the rest of Marshall County good luck.

It was reported in the I-24 exchange (a local publication) that Coach Tharp has resigned from Sycamore effective this month. He would not comment on where he will coach/teach next because the deal has not been finalized. He stated that his reason for leaving was the fact that Cheatham County will go to a balanced school year starting next year. He was opposed to the balanced school year and did not want his kids to be a part of Cheatham County's experiment. It was also stated that Sycamore will have a new head coach next year, but the coach has not been selected. They will start with Sycamore's current staff before looking at external candidates. My guess is the Off. Cordinator, I think that is who the returning players want.

He stated that his reason for leaving was the fact that Cheatham County will go to a balanced school year starting next year. He was opposed to the balanced school year and did not want his kids to be a part of Cheatham County's experiment. It was also stated that Sycamore will have a new head coach next year, but the coach has not been selected.

Last night at the Cheatham board meeting they voted for the year round school...

The vote was turned down, there is not going to be year round school in Cheatham County. If the only reason for him leaving Sycamore was because of the 'balanced calendar' would this prompt him to stay? Could his resignation be a ploy showing his disapproval of the balanced calendar? Who knows. I pray that he stays. At the same time I respect the reasons why he wants to leave. They are more personal than year round school. With this new turn of events hopefully he will stay at Sycamore.

would this prompt him to stay? Could his resignation be a ploy showing his disapproval of the balanced calendar? Who knows. I pray that he stays. At the same time I respect the reasons why he wants to leave. They are more personal than year round school. With this new turn of events hopefully he will stay at Sycamore.

He will not be back. He has already turned in his resignation and has agreed to coach/teach at another school outside of Cheatham County. He would not comment on what school or what coaching position he accepted because the deal was not final at the time of publication which was Sat. Nov 29th.

Isn't the Balanced School year and Balanced Calendar the same thing? I may be wrong. Whatever Cheatham County decided to do, he was against it and that was the main reason he left. The other reasons included his kids and wanting to spend more time with his family as he stated in the interview.

I hate to disappoint you miketiger, but Coach Thape wasn't the one who put in the spread offense. He know is somewhat but nowhere near as good as the man who put it in. But if he can take it to Marshall, and they run it effectively with the athletes they have..............I don't even wanna think about it.