Fulton vs. Macon

PiGeOnS4LiFe

Hang on Photoman.....Middle Tn will be well represented NEXT WEEK. Great game tonight but you beat a Macon County team that finished 12-2 but 8 of those wins were against class 2A schools. Their only wins in 3A were against Livingston (6-4), Dekalb (3-7), Howard (1-10) and Grundy (6-5). Enjoy the night and party on, but next week you get a REAL 3A team. :lol:

Fanman, you stand corrected! Every team we played EXCEPT Westmoreland was a 3A football team! Westmoreland was the ONLY 2A team we played! If you are going to give information on us, please have your facts straight. If you can't do that, keep quiet, cause then you are telling lies on us.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL I FIRST OF ALL WOULD LIKE TO SAY, THAT I WAS IN A HURRY TO GET HOME AND SAY GREAT GAME TIGERS, HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH, YOU HAD A GREAT SEASON, AND SHOULD BE PROUD OF ALL YOU ACCOMPLISHED. YA'LL PLAYED HARD AND DONE YOUR BEST, BUT TONIGHT JUST WASN'T YOUR NIGHT TO WIN. AFTER READING THE THREADS WHEN I GOT HOME, I WAS HESITANT TO GET ON HERE AND SAY WHAT I HAD WANTED TO SAY TO THE FALCONS. BUT THEN I DECIDED THAT ITS NOT THE BOYS FAULT AND THEY DESERVE THE PRAISE, SO I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE THE FALCONS ON THEIR WELL DESERVED WIN. YA'LL ARE A TOUGH TEAM AND I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAY-OFFS. NOW TO THE FANS IN THE STANDS AND TO SOME OF THE POST ON HERE. AS TO THE OUR QB THAT LIMPED OFF THE FIELD, YES THAT WAS OUR QB, HE IS A SOPHOMORE AND I THINK FOR A KID THAT WAS THROWN INTO THE POSITION WITH HARDLY ANY EXPERIENCE, HE DONE A GREAT JOB AND IS GOING TO MAKE A GREAT QUARTER BACK. USUALLY WHEN WE PLAY AND THERE IS A PLAYER DOWN WE SHOW THEM RESPECT AND HOPE THAT HE IS ALRIGHT, NO MATTER WHICH SIDE THEIR FROM. BUT WHILE HE WAS DOWN AND THEY WERE SEEING ABOUT HIM, I SAW AND HEARD THE RUDEST DISPLAY I EVER SAW WHEN A, WELL I WOULD SAY GENTLEMAN BUT I WONT BECAUSE A GENTLEMAN WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT, STOOD UP SHOOK HIS KEYS AND SAID ITS A LONG RIDE HOME TO MACON COUNTY. HAD HE CHOSE ANOTHER TIME IN WHICH TO DO THAT, I WOULDN'T HAVE A THING TO SAY ABOUT IT, BUT HIS TIMING WAS VERY UNAPPROPIATE. AND YES OUR QB WAS HURT, ALTHOUGH IM NOT SURE IF ANYONE THERE CARES AFTER THAT SHOW OF "CONCERN" FROM THE MAN IN THE STANDS. I HAD A LADY TO SAY TO ME WHEN WE GOT THERE, I HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN TREATED NICELY SINCE WE HAD GOT THERE AND I SAID YES, WE HAVE AND I REALLY THINK THATS COOL, BUT WHEN THE GAME STARTED THAT ALL FLEW OUT THE WINDOW. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE HAVING A GOOD TIME, AND CHANTING ETC.....BUT WHEN YOU ARE DOWN RIGHT RUDE, THE ONES THAT ARE, IT JUST RUINS THE WHOLE GAME. I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE THE TIGERS WIN AND THEM NOT WINNING, WASNT EVEN THE WORST PART OF THE GAME, CAUSE IM STILL PROUD OF ALL THAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED, NO MATTER WHAT, THE WORST PART IS WHEN THE PARENTS AND FANS BEHAVE WORSE THAN THE BOYS ON THE FIELD, BECAUSE THEIR WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. GREAT GAME FALCONS, YOU BROUGHT THE GAME.

TIGERS WE LOVE YA'LL!!!!!!!!!

THIS WILL BE MY FINAL POST THIS SEASON!!!!

BUT I JUST WANTED TO TIP MY HAT TO THOSE TIGERS FROM MACON COUNTY!!!

ESPECIALLY THE SENIORS,YOU HAD ONE heck OF A SEASON,

SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU,BUT IF YOU SUCCEED IN LIFE LIKE YOUVE BEATEN THE ODDS ON THE GRIDIRON,YOU'LL HAVE SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!!

GODSPEED!!!!!

PAPPA :lol:

THANKS PAPPA :D

I am a long time Fulton fan & I want to apologize for those fans who were displaying the poor sportsmanship, especially when the player was hurt. I don't stand behind that at all & I do hope the young man is okay.

As far as the concession workers, I don't really think they were trying to be rude. I think they were probably overwhelmed. I don't think we have ever had a team bring that many fans! Ya'll have awesome fan support!

As far as the team, there may have been one that was rude like you said - I don't know. Maybe he saw those real sweet signs your fans were carrying around the track & parading in front of our fans. You see, we call things like that "fuel for the fire." But you evidently had some players that couldn't hold their composure, too. All the pushing & shoving & personal fouls at the end of the game. I know they were frustrated & upset, but that is unsportmanlike. Is that my opinion of the whole team - No. I saw some players with good sportsmaship. I believe it was #76 after the teams had gone to the dressing rooms after the game & he was walking to the bus & he came up to our quarterback, shook his hand & wished him luck next week. I know that was hard for him to do after such a tough loss, but he did it with a smile on his face. I think that was very classy. I'm not going to get into to all the fan garbage, because it can go both ways. You guys had fans that were rude & classless, also. I guess every team does.

Now Falcons, on to the State! You guys came out determined last night & played your hearts out. We've got some unfinished business in the 'boro - let's take care of it.

GO FALCONS!

Edited by kwalker4

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Macon...even fans of a football tradition-less school like yours can surmise that any community/school are going to have their share of obnoxious fans. Heck, we have one guy (he is actually a father of one of our backup lineman, bless his heart), that stands up at every game screaming and hollering at refs, coaches, players and even the chain gang. (You would know, if you were near him last night). Many fans and even school administrators have said things to the man, but as long as he keeps it clean, there is not much we can do about it. I usually go to each game with my dad and brother and take my 3 yr old boy...we would cringe every time we walk up the opposing teams stands and were going to be near the man. There were times last year, when he was so out of line (actually screaming profanities and "you stink" to all on the field) that I and the principal had words with this character. This particular guy was the type that probably never played a snap of football in his life and had never been involved in organized sports or society until his boy played in high school. He doesnt have a clue and will never have one!!!!

Macon fans were by no means the consummate fans that you are portraying yourselves to be. As the game started, there was an older Fulton fan cheering the team as they ran on to the field. After he sit down and Macon came out, a lady behind him started shaking a blue pom-pom in his face. The man was actually a row down and about 3 seats over, so she was stretching across 2 or 3 people to do this, it was in no way inadvertent.

I really think that many fans are going to be sore when you have them sitting beside each other and inter-dispersed throughout the stands, as was the case last night.

And your players (YOU GUYS ARE BY NO MEANS THE SQUEAKY CLEAN/UNDERDOG CHIOR BOYS THAT YOU CLAIM TO BE)...I couldnt count how many late hit/cheap shots that they gave, esp. after the whistle and at the end of plays away from the action. Hittin’ guys from the blindside, as they were walking to the sideline and also jumping on top of and over every pile. And all that anyone saw in the first quarter were Macon players jumping around waiving there hands for the fans to get up and jawing after every play. #33 was jaw-jacking (with his head, erratically bobbing) after every play until he was eventually put to sleep on the last play of the half. (MAN WHAT A LICK!!! Really laid the lumber!!!). One time, after being hit and slammed by a host of falcons for a 5 yard loss, he threw the ball (from the lie-down position) at one of our players that was just standing around the pile. As the old saying goes, "Act like you have been there before"...well we have and did!!!!

I know in football you must be aggressive and play with a level of emotion, but some of your boys went way overboard and by the indication of the final score, were way over their heads!!!

One more thing...I was on this board all week warning some of you that you would be surprised of our toughness, size and strength and of the fact that we would hit you back!!! I guess the Falcons made a lot of new believers!!!!

Finally, I have to give Macon credit for playing a tough game. They were very similar to a Scott County or Anderson County, but were driven by much more emotion and were much more one dimensional than those run oriented teams. Have to say that the TC/Fulton game last year was a much better match-up and also one of the all-time best.

Great Game Falcons!!! You have fought and worked hard this year to get back to the 'Boro!!! Now let's finish the job and Bring home the Hardware!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!

Edited by msmoker21

Well this too will be my last post of the year. I as a die hard member of the possee am fan enough to say it when it is true. We got beat by a better team. I haven't read any post by any Fulton fan that I didn't think was "somewhat" deserved or accurate. Yes our some of our fans were probably rude, yes some of our boys took cheap shots at the end in frustration, and yes my group felt that we got some of that in return. Our only experience with Fulton was watching in the stands at TC last year when yes, a better matched game took place with a great TC team and yes 4 or 5 of Fulton's players came to the sideline and shot the crowd birds. Just trying to give our prespective.

Falcons are head and shoulders above the best team we have played all year. Good Luck in the Boro. You simply had more weapons than we had in our guns.

To all MC fans and Players, we have ended the best season we have ever had. We had a lot of fun and a great time. We experienced some great things. What are you going to do this summer? What are you going to do next fall? Do you want this to continue? I DO! I'll be trying and thinking of ways to help our program. Hope you will too!

Thanks to all you smackers for a great season!

GET SOME

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Macon...even fans of a football tradition-less school like yours can surmise that any community/school are going to have their share of obnoxious fans. Heck, we have one guy (he is actually a father of one of our backup lineman, bless his heart), that stands up at every game screaming and hollering at refs, coaches, players and even the chain gang. (You would know, if you were near him last night). Many fans and even school administrators have said things to the man, but as long as he keeps it clean, there is not much we can do about it. I usually go to each game with my dad and brother and take my 3 yr old boy...we would cringe every time we walk up the opposing teams stands and were going to be near the man. There were times last year, when he was so out of line (actually screaming profanities and "you stink" to all on the field) that I and the principal had words with this character. This particular guy was the type that probably never played a snap of football in his life and had never been involved in organized sports or society until his boy played in high school. He doesnt have a clue and will never have one!!!!

Macon fans were by no means the consummate fans that you are portraying yourselves to be. As the game started, there was an older Fulton fan cheering the team as they ran on to the field. After he sit down and Macon came out, a lady behind him started shaking a blue pom-pom in his face. The man was actually a row down and about 3 seats over, so she was stretching across 2 or 3 people to do this, it was in no way inadvertent.

I really think that many fans are going to be sore when you have them sitting beside each other and inter-dispersed throughout the stands, as was the case last night.

And your players (YOU GUYS ARE BY NO MEANS THE SQUEAKY CLEAN/UNDERDOG CHIOR BOYS THAT YOU CLAIM TO BE)...I couldnt count how many late hit/cheap shots that they gave, esp. after the whistle and at the end of plays away from the action. Hittin’ guys from the blindside, as they were walking to the sideline and also jumping on top of and over every pile. And all that anyone saw in the first quarter were Macon players jumping around waiving there hands for the fans to get up and jawing after every play. #33 was jaw-jacking (with his head, erratically bobbing) after every play until he was eventually put to sleep on the last play of the half. (MAN WHAT A LICK!!! Really laid the lumber!!!). One time, after being hit and slammed by a host of falcons for a 5 yard loss, he threw the ball (from the lie-down position) at one of our players that was just standing around the pile. As the old saying goes, "Act like you have been there before"...well we have and did!!!!

I know in football you must be aggressive and play with a level of emotion, but some of your boys went way overboard and by the indication of the final score, were way over their heads!!!

One more thing...I was on this board all week warning some of you that you would be surprised of our toughness, size and strength and of the fact that we would hit you back!!! I guess the Falcons made a lot of new believers!!!!

Finally, I have to give Macon credit for playing a tough game. They were very similar to a Scott County or Anderson County, but were driven by much more emotion and were much more one dimensional than those run oriented teams. Have to say that the TC/Fulton game last year was a much better match-up and also one of the all-time best.

Great Game Falcons!!! You have fought and worked hard this year to get back to the 'Boro!!! Now let's finish the job and Bring home the Hardware!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!

Yeah . . . . . . . . what he said!

GO FALCONS!

This is my last post as well.... The better team won.Period. I just wish I could have been QB for a quarter cause I would have thrown some deep balls. The field was open all night. It must be because of a sophmore QB. YOU CAN'T RUN ALL NITE UP THE MIDDLE (COACHES) AND EXPECT TO WIN. They probably threw it twice before I left at the end of the 3rd quarter. They didn't impress me at all with speed. I thought Smith Co. was a harder team up until the half. I'd say that's why a few of the players were mad (#18) is cause they wanted the ball. I don't know. York played soft all nite. I knew one time when fulton was going for the first 2 point play that it was a slant(he had 10 or more yards WIDE OPEN) ON #18. Good luck next year Tigers. You kept me on my toes all year. :justwrestle:

Now, I am saying this with complete respect.....

But when your fans come walking in front of our student section (which i was at) and parade around their signs and seemingly try to get us riled up... it's on.

And when on the first punt, our return guy steps out of the way of the ball and #18 comes over and blinsides him for no good reason... it's on.

When the other teams fans are taunting us, can you really expect us to sit there and say "good luck to you guys in this fine ball game"...... NOOOO..... thats part of the fun in it..... friendly fanm rivalry. sometimes it goes past friendly but that is expected.

and if you wouldve one, how can you be so sure that some of your own fans wouldnt have said and done some of the same things?

once again, im only tryin to defend my community and team so dont get offended by any of this... you would do the same for yours.

good luck to macon next season.

THE GOLD BALL IS COMING

If Macon County would have been any competition at all, Fulton would have beat them by 50 points.

Macon County, you showed how to jaw before the game but you left your 2A game in Middle Tennessee.

Trust me Fulton knows how to do more than counter plays up the middle for 26 points.

A lot more.........................

Fulton, Austin-East, Anderson County, Kingston and Scott County would have all beaten Macon County. Some by a few and others by 60 or more.

Congratulations on your season Tigers bring your "Baby Blue" back sometime soon ya' hear.

If the Falcons had been on their best game last night.....the score would have been alot higher than it was! Be grateful for the outcome Macon! One of our TOP receivers didn't even dress last night because of an injury!!! He's also probably the fastest guy on the team....Be glad he didn't play!!! I'd list ALLLLLL of the rude things I saw form the Macon fans....but it's pointless. Nobody will get on here and put ANY falcon in their place!!! You put us in our place last night Macon....and that's in Murfreesboro!!! Whining gets you nothing!!! We were better....we won!!! If you were in oru region you wouldn't have even made the playoffs! We just had the better team.....Maybe with the exception of special teams from what i've heard....can't base that on last night though! 26-0.....NUFF SAID!!! I'm through with Macon County....Onto Covington!!! Buhbye Tigers!!!