DCA/Fayette Academy

reppinDCA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 4th and 2 on CPA's 45 yard line with a minute to go. They went with Wooden and he got it, but on the play, he twisted his knee around and partially tore his MCL. Last week he was on crutches all week but had 9 carries for 50 yards and a score in and OT win over Ezell. He took some shots in the game. And went to the training table a couple of times. His status is the same as last week.

Whoa whoa whoa. I assume you are from Jackson Christian. Lets hang on a minute here. FA beat you by 2. DCA did by 14. DCA couldn't score on your defense. You guys couldn't either. If you will remember correctly, that was during the big floods and the field was WET. Neither team could score. Yet DCA won 14-0. So you are more impressed with 30-28 than 14-0? Jeez. DCA only has the #1 ranked defense in the state. Besides, you caught DCA at the beginning of the year, when no one expected them to be the best team. FA was at their best.

Also, look at the only other common opponent, FRA. FA beat them 42-28. DCA beat them 41-0.

And if you want to ignore all that, just look at the records. DCA is 12-1 in REGION 5. Fayette is 10-3 losing to teams like USJ, Bolivar Central, and Chester County.

DCA wins. And if Wooden is healthy, its a blowout.

You are exactly right. Fayette beat Jackson Christian by 2................The second time. The first time they won 28-16, at JCS too. As we all know, its hard to beat the same team twice, especially when it is a good program and team like the Eagles are. Also, the second time Winstin Thomas wasn't playing because of a broken bone in his hand that he received in the first half of the ballgame. About that, everyone wants to talk about Wooden being injured but the star tailback on Fayette's sideline is also fighting through an injury. Thomas only carried the ball against Trinity a handful of times, much like Wooden did against Ezell. Also, Blaine Feathers, another member of the Viking trio, dislocated a finger against JCS, but he seemed OK against TCA scoring 3 touchdowns. Its the end of the season though and players are going to be banged up. I don't think an injury can be used as an excuse because everyone has injuries. This is not an exception for either team in this game.

And if you want to ignore all that, just look at the records. DCA is 12-1 in REGION 5. Fayette is 10-3 losing to teams like USJ, Bolivar Central, and Chester County.

A USJ with their #1 QB still healthy.

A Bolivar Central that is AAA and only beat them by 4 points.

A Chester County that is AA who only lost to Huntingdon(x2) and McKenzie this season, and only beat them by 2 TDs.

I don't like Fayette Academy myself, but they will give DCA all they can handle, possibly more than they'd want to.

Also, Collin Bodiford was extremely sick in that game against Bolivar and did not play in the second half. I am not using that as an excuse only because the team was better without Bodiford on the field B) , that is how bad he was feeling in that game.

I have played both teams this season and they both are really good. Fayette doesn't have as good of a line as DCA. Fayette's line is faster and quicker but DCA has a bigger and stronger line. Fayette's quarterbacks are amazing. Their starting quarterback #12 I think is extremely fast, strong, and has a great arm. Their other quarterback #10 is a small shifty guy who weighs about 130 but is one of the quickest guys on the field. Fayette runs the option really well. The quarterback keeps the ball about 90% of the time. Fayettes defense is not as strong. Back to DCA, Chris Wooden is amazing. I remember trying to tackle him and it was one of the hardest things I have tried to do. DCA's defense is incredible also. Their safeties are great tacklers while their corners are great cover guys. Prediction:

Fayette Academy 28 DCA 42

Edited by StrongRight156

Fayette doesn't have too much speed for DCA. Fayette is a little faster but DCA is nowhere near slow. I think this game will be decided on the line. Fayette has a pretty big line Strong Right #62 an o- tackle is huge and he gives great effort on every play. I am going to say this game will be close decide by a touchdown or less. Sorry bout that unbisadspectator I was just pointing out that Fayette will be a tough opponent and not to overlook them.