Maryville v.s. Morristown-West

Wildrebel06

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as always, im going to have to go with Maryville on this one. We beat them once this year in possibly the sloppiest game we played all year, so without all the turnovers i dont think it will be near as close a game as 14-6. Maryville will come out pumped, and the fans will be right behind us, go Rebels.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers, they are a part of the game just like weather, refs and fans. Look at the two Maryville - Central games. What would have been the outcome without turnovers? The only exception to the aforementioned factors is that you can control turnovers, somewhat.

I graduated from Maryville last year, a class that featured 2 D-1 players, 1 D-2, and 4 D-3 players and the entire offensive line as well the entire linebacking crew. I'm not baggin on this team at all, been to bout 5 games and cheered for my boys all the way (nice one handed grab against rhea county gaskin) but I just dont know how they are undefeated and cruising along again. I mean ppl cant underrate Central, that was a good team that they beat twice, leave no doubt. I gues these guys jus know how to win, they have no major prospects, a few good players but nothing crazy like Carl Stewart, Brandon Waters, and the D is deinflty without Oliver Tipton, and good ole Rang. So the question is...how do they do it???

peepsqueek,

Don't you ever get tired of constantly bashing our program and making silly innuendos? Don't hate our program because you ain't us. Let's keep it to good clean serious gridiron discussion on here, as I have tried, and do away with the childlike remarks. Now get back to that window and start taking orders!

I graduated from Maryville last year, a class that featured 2 D-1 players, 1 D-2, and 4 D-3 players and the entire offensive line as well the entire linebacking crew. I'm not baggin on this team at all, been to bout 5 games and cheered for my boys all the way (nice one handed grab against rhea county gaskin) but I just dont know how they are undefeated and cruising along again. I mean ppl cant underrate Central, that was a good team that they beat twice, leave no doubt. I gues these guys jus know how to win, they have no major prospects, a few good players but nothing crazy like Carl Stewart, Brandon Waters, and the D is deinflty without Oliver Tipton, and good ole Rang. So the question is...how do they do it???

I have asked myself the same question all year. This team is not as tallented as the past years. The offensive execution is not as good........the linebacking core is not as good.......the o-line is much weaker then last year..........the WR's are not as good.............running back positions are not as good..........deensive line is small and certainly not experienced even though the ends are good.........the defense as a whole is not as good..............so what is it about this group that allows them to keep winning?

1) the district and 4A in E.Tennessee is down from previous years.

2) Maryville coaches have done an outstanding job this year.

3) Lack of key injuries ...........even thought they have had some.....is less

4) A winning attitude that is characteristic of all Maryville teams is evident.

5) This team has grown and matured over the last several games.

6) The defense has played well beyond their tallent.

7) linebackers have developed

8) O-line has improved

9) D line has maintained even though I can not figure out why someone hasn't tried to gut Maryville. Central played right into Maryville's had with their one back system last Friday night.

10) and you are right..........they just refuse to lose.

If Maryville makes it to the championship game then that will be an astonishing feat. This is one of the less tallented Maryville teams in many years yet these young men just don't lose. I think you can relate it to coaching - dedication - and character of a team and program that is special and compares to no other team or program in the state. If Quarrels had the tallent of Hillsboro - Melrose - and even Central - it would be embarrassing how he would destroy most teams in the state. JMO

Ah what can i say, stupid spell check is worth a dang :blink: . Oh, and just to be sure that you know, when you say that you have two L, that is incorrect. The proper way you should have said that was, two L's.............go rebs

No, actually it should have been two Ls because two L's means the L is showing possesion and the letter L posses nothing in that statment.

I havent seen Mo-Town West this season. But I have seen Maryville twice, and both times dicipline, coaching, and a heart of a champion pulled them through to close games with Knox. Central.

This game I wouldnt expect any different, I see Maryville coming out with a win.

Maryville with dicipline, coaching, and a heart of a champion...

Maryville - 24

Morristown West - 10

A big factor not mentioned is the condition of the field at Burk-Toney. Last week a guy with a small helicopter went to try to dry it off before the Greenville game. Look outside and at the forecast this week! The field will be a mess for this game. It is going to be wet and cold. Last year MWest had their game moved because of these factors.

You must not have been at the Maryville vs. Mo-West game in round 4 one or two years ago. There was mud everywhere, plus it was cold, but that didnt stop the rebels from rollin to a victory. I dont think the weather will slow us down much.

I have to agree about the "12th man" and homefield advantage not really being a factor when it comes to playing Maryville. One feeling that the Rebels never experience is intimidation. This team always BELIEVES that they can play with anyone, anywhere. It's difficult to imagine that Motown could be any more of a hostile environment than Knox Central was this year; and Maryville still came out victorious.

And of course, the Rebel nation will be there and they will be LOUD. The visitor's side won't hold the screaming Rebel fans this Friday. The game will be won solely on the field with equally rabid, loud fans on each side.