Who is the best coach in Tennessee?

mrpigscmpn

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Les Trotter of Summertown shouldn't be left out of this post.. This is his 6th season coaching at Stown.. Can't remember how he did his first year coaching but I started keeping up with games when I got in High School and his last 4 seasons he's been 82-36 as far as win/loss goes... those last 4 years have included a District Championship, a Regional Championship and 2 State Tournament appearances, eliminated 1st round both times in state but both times by teams who went on to the finals, one of which went on to win state (South Fulton)... not too shabby comin' out of prolly one of the toughest Single A districts in the state... he's took teams people at the start of the season thought wouldn't be much and turned them into a real threat to anybody they played... this year I don't think will be any different, they've started off 4-0 in the district and should have a pretty good season ahead of them. BEST OF LUCK SUMMERTOWN!

Edited by timdawg21

Do you think that a coach must win a State Championship to be considered in this elite group? Or does the majority feel that there are many good coaches that never get in that situation or opportunity to win a championship, but are still very capable coaches. What is the opinion on that subject?

Edited by threeball

Very good question 3-ball. Last time i looked the team with the most talent wins the games for the most part. Their are excepttion to this rule. If talent is equal then we have a scoop and can compare coaches. You need to look at the total program to find out who is the best coach. Look who he surrounds himself with, are the assistants yes men or are they able to coach themselves. What is there talent pool like at his/her particular school. Character, integrity, humility also should be considered. There is more than just X's and O's to being a good coach.