Best Running backs in the state--All Time

gark242

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might know Riggs was good if you have seen him playing at UT...then again, pretty much any back who played at UT can be considered a great back. Reggie Cobb would've been if he didn't have the drug problem. King from Riverdale was amazing, James Stewart, Travis Stephens, Troy Fleming, Terrance Bell is my new hero, Westmoreland, but I am shocked that no one has mentioned Fred Lane, standout RB from Franklin High School who played for the Carolina Panthers in the NFL until his life was tragically ended.

From South Pittsburg High:

Jimmy Wigfall- 1969

Bo Haden- 1977

Johnny Sisco- 1986

Carl Lehr- 1987

Eddie Moore-1998

Sam Pickett - 1999

Honorable mention- Zalmer Chubb, Patrick Pitt, and Chris Jones

From Marion County High (a.k.a. Jasper)

Eddie Brown- 1973

Eric Westmorland- 199?

Whitwell High:

Bill Honea- 1980

This list is based on play in high school only.

How could you not list James Chadwick, Whitwell '92???????

Why do All you guys have to name all the recent guys you know!! Why dont you give some of the old timers some credit. I mean these guys are the ones who more or less created football like Curt Watson (from cumberland county) who went to Tennessee Volunteers after high school and later went to the blue angels and was one of the best there. These are the kind of guys who needs credit for their accomplishments.

Hey TSMoke...did you ever play d-1 college football as a three way player? B/c Majors did, and despite the fact it was fifty years ago he was a gifted athlete. The fact he did pretty much the same in high school as he did in college and was a candidate for the heisman trophy while at UT should say something about your knowledge of football and history. Also, UT and Pittsburg felt he was good enough to lead their programs for several decades. Honestly, show a little respect for some people that have actually accomplished something, I don't see your name on the list anywhere.

From South Pittsburg High:

Jimmy Wigfall- 1969

Bo Haden- 1977

Johnny Sisco- 1986

Carl Lehr- 1987

Eddie Moore-1998

Sam Pickett - 1999

Honorable mention- Zalmer Chubb, Patrick Pitt, and Chris Jones

From Marion County High (a.k.a. Jasper)

Eddie Brown- 1973

Eric Westmorland- 199?

Whitwell High:

Bill Honea- 1980

This list is based on play in high school only.

How could you not list James Chadwick, Whitwell '92???????

'cause i'm a Pirate? ;)

Hey TSMoke...did you ever play d-1 college football as a three way player? B/c Majors did, and despite the fact it was fifty years ago he was a gifted athlete. The fact he did pretty much the same in high school as he did in college and was a candidate for the heisman trophy while at UT should say something about your knowledge of football and history. Also, UT and Pittsburg felt he was good enough to lead their programs for several decades. Honestly, show a little respect for some people that have actually accomplished something, I don't see your name on the list anywhere.

24FHS21,

Dont take tsmoke's comments personal...he and Carterboy actually know each other personally and have been debating the "Johnny Majors-one of the greatest NCAA coaches of all-time" debate for years.

He was a little harsh on the old boy, but it is mild compared to the things stated on another site in which they deliberate. I am sure he was not surprised when he saw who made the pro-johnny post...Carterboy is quite the Johnny Sheep. Not that Tsmoke doesnt give Johnny his occassional credit...I am sure he is just tired of hearing this for the past 5 years from Carterboy.