Chris McCord

MRedRebels

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Milligan is at Carson-Newman. He had moved up the depth chart in pre-season to number two, and then pulled a hammie right before the first game. The decision was made when he was healthy about mid-way in to the season to redshirt him.

Word is that Milligan is going to get a look at quarterback for the Eagles. He played quarterback as a junior at Powell, and has the ability and smarts to be a good veer/option quarterback.

I am also hearing that Corey Booker really likes Ken Sparks and could end up at Carson-Newman.

I don't think I can see him going anywhere but Maryville College. Tennessee Tech...definitely not. Carson Newman...maybe, but then again, I think that Powell's running back last year was better than McCord and Powell's RB went to CN. I dunno, I just don't think that McCord is much of a college back.

mccord is not much of a d1 back. I think he is a great d2 back though. He is tough, great runner, finds the open lanes, and is always looking for a cutback. Plush he is a strong worker in the weightroom. I think whatever college does get him, they will be getting a steal.....go rebs

I would agree that McCord is a great high school running back, but his best bet for college would probably be at Maryville College. They have a new coach, and a young team that is going to get better. I don't think that Carson Newman is an option. I don't think that Milligan will ever play as a running back at CN either. His best bet is to move to qb.

I think that Chris has alot of talent, but like others said, he would be average at best at a DII school.

I would think with his work ethic, that he could play another position if a DII coach doesn't think he is big or fast enough to play running back. He might be able to play on D, maybe a safety, or how about a slot reciever? Just some thoughts. You always hope these type of kids get a chance to show what they can do.