Why I only like Maryville....

MaryvilleRebels

The thing is, I was watching the rest of the state championship games and I noticed something that was very boring...running. There was hardly any passing at all. Now there is nothing wrong with running, it is a great tool, but I think that the pass needs to be a big part of the offense as well. I think that in high school the wing-t is too dominant, and too boring. Maryville is a team that seems to be able to pass as well as run. They used to be a pass heavy team, but they have converted to a balanced team and it has helped. I think that their style of play is very fun to watch and not many teams can match the entertainment of Maryville. I am sure there are some teams out there that excel at both, but I really haven't seen any. This isn't meant as a cocky post or anything to that effect, its just something that I noticed and that I kinda wish wasn't happening.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another thing i love about watching Maryville is that they don't run thier mouths. They do their talking with thier pads. You never see a MHS player retaliate and are always almost businesslike in the approach to the game. Also another thing i noticed when i was watching the state campionships is that When a player made a good play, he would go off and run his mouth and jump up and down alone. When a MHS player does good, his teamates are ALWAYS there congradulating him

Please Maryville got beat fair and square so stop complaining. Maryville is a class act and a very good football team. Talkin smack comes with the territory so dont get upset cause you see somebody else in the state championship besides yourselves. This isnt a neg. post just i disagree with you in some things.