Best Team in the State in 2003

redskins1998

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say either Hillsboro or MBA. Sorry Turbo, but Huntingdon is a AA team, they don't have the depth to hang with either.

I can only speak for the top two AA teams in the state and that would be Huntingdon and Milan. Depth is usually an issue but it's not in 2003.

I don't know if they could beat the top teams from 4A or 5A but it would be a knockdown, physical, emotional game, and both sides would be dishing it out.

One word G-TOWN everyone else stinks we're the best of the biggest and we proved against riverdale. G-Town will line up and just stomp all over you!!

I played in the mid 90's for Germantown and enjoyed this season greatly...but I cant say GHS is the top team in the state. I think they could hold there own with anyone anywhere....but DIV II AAA was outstanding this year MBA has to be considered the best in the state. BTW if Henry hadnt gone down I think i'd be saying that about CBHS.

All I know is that Fulton handled Covington with every bit as much ease as Germantown did, and Covington was a better team by the end of the season, than when they played Germantown.

Germantown's QB could fall down for 5 yards every time against Fulton the O-Line is just to massive....Covington was the first game under a new head coach there was an adjustment period before they felt comfortable.

mustang fan...u r the most ingorant person on here how can u just up and say west tn. has the best football they may have the best football team in germantown but not from top to bottom...and if they played riverdale again who knows the out come?? Rankin kills with 2 chances i know it doesn't matter but u just can't say west tn. has the best football west,middle,and east are all good...i have respect for every highschool fball player there is if they play or not...Thanks for an awesome season everyone

take all that hogwash you just said and blow it up somebody elses hind quarters. I know better....and so do you.

Sorry, chief - everything Redtwin told you is true. Check out the MBA website. Call the school yourself. Saying it's "hogwash" only weakens any arguments you make.

You can call it anything you want. Hey, if it makes you feel better believe whatever you want to believe. I was "recruited" to play baseball on a music scholarship......but I can't sing a lick. You can call a potato a turnip but it's still a potato.

You can call it anything you want. Hey, if it makes you feel better believe whatever you want to believe. I was "recruited" to play baseball on a music scholarship......but I can't sing a lick. You can call a potato a turnip but it's still a potato.

Just name one recruited player at MBA in the past 10 years. You'll find the majority of MBA's athletes live within 10 minutes of school. Please just support your arguement with one example...you should know how to do this, music scholarship and all.

Perhaps you were offered a music scholarship by some school. It wasn't offered by MBA, though.

Edited by rollredroll

1. MBA

2. BA

3. CBHS

4. Germantown

5. Hillsboro

6. Riverdale

7. Franklin

8. Maryville

9. Melrose

10. Mo West

11. Hundington

I know this is all just opinion, and like noses, everybody has one. I am curious how you come up with the top 11 teams and omit Lincoln County. You have Riverdale and Franklin ranked 6 and 7, respectively. Lincoln County beat both of them. Riverdale lost three games this year and Franklin lost a couple. Lincoln County ended up 12-1, and had BOTH of the 5A Mr. Football winners.

I could not make a very good case that they were the BEST team in the state, but I could sure argue that they belong in the top ten. Of course, that's just my opinion...and is worth about as much as yours.