Best Team in the State in 2003

redskins1998

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'll chime in with my top ten!

1) MBA- Saw them once, I was sold.

2) Germantown- Typically the 5A champs are number one in my book, but MBA was just... wow.

3) Hillsboro- Total domination yesterday- I don't see how Pearl beat them.

4) Riverdale- Gave Germantown a run for their money. I think they would have won had they thrown more.

5) Franklin- Would have given Riverdale a run for their money. Picked a heck of a game to make some uncharateristic mistakes- the semis.

6) Lincoln County- I feeel they would have fallen in my perfect BCB game- a rematch.

7) Maryville- How did MoTown West beat them? I REALLY wanted to see them yesterday. Darn, guess I'll just have to go next year.

8) Huntingdon- They were GOOD. They were that GOOD. Very impressed by the Mustangs.

9) Melrose- Could have easily been playing yesterday and likely winning.

10) Brentwood Academy- Saw them struggle with Centennial. Saw them get blown away by MBA. Didn't look like much progress had been made from week 0 to week 13.

T, I am stunned. I was hoping somebody had signed on under your SN and typed those rankings, but you're usually pretty careful about those things. These rankings are an anomaly; you're usually pretty accurate. :lol:

Here's my top 10, also posted under Gerry Bartier's poll:

1 Montgomery Bell Academy

2 Brentwood Academy

3 Christian Brothers

4 Germantown

5 Franklin

6 Riverdale

7 Hillsboro

8 Lincoln County

9 Melrose

10 Maryville

I never said that MBA didn't execute or wasnt precise, I said that it's not just about the numbers, and that it was the speed and precision that Fulton executed with that for me showed the most balanced offensive attack that I saw all week end, including MBA.

MBA's precision:

QB Michael Fisher - 22/26, 302 yds, 2 TD

WR Brad French - 9 catches, 166 yds

23 First Downs

K Brian Hahnfeldt - 1-1 FG, 5-5 PAT

MBA's speed:

RB Andy Snyder - 15 carries, 102 yds

RB Michael Koban - 21 rushes, 76 yds, 1 TD

QB Michael Fisher - 2 TD runs, 1 catch

Stats - 2003 Clinic Bowl

If anyone were better than MBA then I, a BA alum, would be the first to proclaim it. It's just simply not the case.

Edited by WesVols

My regional buddy, THE MAV, said that yall were ganging up on him so I had to come to his rescue. The best in the state of Tennessee goes like this, 1.

Region 3-2A is there best there is, the best there was, and the best there will ever be! Get that through your heads!

1. Fulton (Only because they beat AE)

2. AE

3. AC

4. Hillsboro

5. Motown West

6. Germantown

7. Maryville (Yes, they're not #1 in my book)

I'm with AE....ya'll are crazy to not at least giving Fulton a spot in the top 10. But Fulton Ae and AC should all eb there. Region 2-3a is the toughest in the State of TN. 3-4 teams year in, year out who ould and would win the State title game!!! Ya'll are crazy if you think MBA would compete. MBA would get murdered if they played Fulton, Ae, or AC. MBA might have impessive numbers....but they don't play teams like us! Numbers don't mean as much as people think! MBA's O-Line would NEVER contain Fulton D. Aint' gonna happen. When you have people like Demarcus Stevens, Maurice Merchant, Josh Nelson, Antonio Hamilton....no way!!! You people are insane!