Is Creatine safe for high school kids to use?

bill#73

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you dont like creatine then you better stop eating steaks because that is one of the major components in steaks. Creatine is a good supplement if you use it correct like drinking plenty of water daily and working out while taking it. if you get cramps from taking creatine it is your own fault fro not drinking enough water that is all i have to say about this crazy subject

Creatine is safe and actually good for you to use if you use it correctly. Creatine should never be taken during the football season, only during the off season when you are wieghtlifting. If you take creatine, you should drink TONS oif water also. It is not going to give you tons of muscle or n e thing, but it will make you work harder during your workout. It has been known to give some ppl some cramps also but it is not something that is going to make you or break you in the wieghtroom. Its not going to give you super results but it may help you a lil bit

Biochemically there is no evidence that creatine even makes it throught the digestive tract intact. Who knows what it becomes or if it is even absorbed? I don't.

Don't stick your fingers in outlets that might have current and don't ingest anything you aren't sure about.

Eat right and work hard. Your body is an amazingly efficient machine and with the right diet it will be just fine with no chemical help.

if you dont like creatine then you better stop eating steaks because that is one of the major components in steaks. Creatine is a good supplement if you use it correct like drinking plenty of water daily and working out while taking it.  if you get cramps from taking creatine it is your own fault fro not drinking enough water that is all i have to say about this crazy subject

That is really ignorant, and I can't let that one stand, because too many kids read this. Creatine is one of the major components of steaks? That's like saying steroids are OK because they are also present in minute amounts in beef.

Edited by itzme

From what I have read and gathered, creatine is safe if you are fully developed, an experienced lifter, you take it in the right doses and increments, and drink a butt-load of water a day. If you can't check off on just one of those, you shouldn't take it. It has never been proven to cause cramps when taken correctly and with water.

Heres an IDEA. Forget the creatine. Get your lazy butt in the weightroom a little earlier and stay a little later. If you think you need that stuff to get buff, then think again. Taking creatine is not going to discipline you or boost your dedication to what you are doing. Working harder on your own will.

Where most people mess up with creatine is that they take some kind of workout energy booster or weight loss pill or drink at the same time as takeing creatine. For one thing without water in your system creatine does not work. Also the amount that the supplement company recomends is not needed. Most of the time a quater to half is urinated out. Last of all creatine by itself does you know good either. A person needs to have a well balanced diet for creatine to work. Also GreenMan a person can only workout so much before they acctually start doing more harm than good. Creatine helps with the healing of muscles so that you can get in the weightroom more often.

Edited by jwinston