Best coach in East Tennessee

cmslinebacker889

Hands Down Fulton High School's Jody Wright.

When you think he's lost his touch and he's going to have a down year he pulls one out like this year. 5th that is NEXT TO LAST in district 3-AA and now they are one win away from Mufreesboro. AMAZING! His teams are discilpined they play with heart, and they do whatever it takes to win a game. All these things come from coaching.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt..........Kent Smith at Bradley. One look at there regular season schedule tells you that his record is not a joke. If you need a comparison the best I can think of is Pat Summit's schedule. The only easy games are scheduled because they are required. Baconbreath, your stats are great. Save me two seats tomorrow night. Go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kent Smith at Bradley Central

Year Record

1996-97 23-11

1997-98 21-11

1998-99 27-7

1999-00 37-2

2000-01 23-9

2001-02 33-3

2002-03 36-3

200-46-Total (81.3%)

7 Years--

4 District 5-AAA Championships, 2 2nd's and 1 3rd

4 Region 3-AAA Championships, 2 2nd's

Sub state winners 3 times

State Runnerup twice

One Mr. Basketball winner in 2000 (Josh Hare)

'Nuff said!

:DLet's go win a Championship!!!

Kent Smith at Bradley Central

Year Record

1996-97 23-11

1997-98 21-11

1998-99 27-7

1999-00 37-2

2000-01 23-9

2001-02 33-3

2002-03 36-3

200-46-Total (81.3%)

7 Years--

4 District 5-AAA Championships, 2 2nd's and 1 3rd

4 Region 3-AAA Championships, 2 2nd's

Sub state winners 3 times

State Runnerup twice

One Mr. Basketball winner in 2000 (Josh Hare)

'Nuff said!

Baconbreath

You the man!!!!!

Kent Smith will play anybody. Look at his schedule rating.

KENT SMITH is the real deal. Could be college bound one day.

Kent Smith's records in my previous post have been edited to reflect his success this year.

Oh by the way, one note to you folks that are promoting your coaches as the best in the state. I congratulate on your enthusiam and support for your local schools and coaches. But when you talk about being at a point in the tourney that you aren't supposed to be at, that doesn't tell me that your coach is such a good coach but that maybe he just happens to have the players this year to get him there. Someone above mentioned that their coach took them from last to first. Well, congratulations and good luck the rest of the way. But at Bradley Central, our goal is not to go from last to first. The best programs STAY at the top, year after year. Yeah, there may be a challenge when you lose players of the caliber that Bradley Central will lose this year, but we don't rebuild, we reload.

While everyone is chomping at the bit to schedule Bradley next year because they'll lost 8 seniors from this team, I'd like to go on record right here and now and say that you better pack a lunch because we don't settle for second at BCHS. I'll take Kent Smith's coaching and the returners, Wes Suiter, Yarrish Hammonds and another outstanding influx of players from another Jason Reuter coached junior varsity. I'll take my chances with those guys anytime, anywhere against anybody that you want to line up. Don't pin your hopes for next year on beating a down and out "weak" Bradley team. It simply won't happen!

Go Bears! It's time to play lights out on defense! Turn the lights out on Shelbyville!

P.S. Shaggy22. I'll have you a couple of Bob Uecker seats, right down there in the first rooooowwww!

Just for the record, the Bradley Central seniors have a 98-9 (33-3, 36-3, and 29-3 and counting this year so far) record over the last 3 years. That's a winning percentage of 91.6%. Better than 9 wins out of every 10 games played. This group came into Bradley when they didn't have a 9th grade. Imagine their record if I could add a 4th year to it! They have also never lost at home, having a 36-0 winning streak in Smiddy Arena.