FRA job candidates

FHSrebel27

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think FRA couldnt go wrong with the three i've heard, Tom Moore, Dan McGugin, and Ron Ayedlot (sorry if i mispelled). The team has good talent, this year they had a lot of sophomore starters and were pretty good, one game away from the playoffs. With the right coach they could make the playoffs each year as a #3 or #4 seed. Coach Tucker already at FRA would do just as well.

Have heard Scott Smith associated with the FRA job since midway through the football season... they apparently want him out at Ezell... nobody likes him... and I can understand why in my dealings with him... Also look for changes at Davidson Academy as well...

Watch the coach bashing...if you don't have anything good to say about a coach, consider not posting.

I simply said nobody likes him... I hardly consider that bashing... but whatever... guess you can't say anything on here unless it's positive fluff... what good is a discussion board if you can't post your opinion, good or bad? I've seen PLENTY of folks saying a lot worse things than that on here... and will continue to as well... just my two cents...

We are just trying to limit the amount of coach bashing that has been occuring on this website. Above everything else... we would like to offer you a chance to talk about high school sports. You can say things like...

"I didn't like the offensive or defensive play calling"

"I hate the Wing-T or Spread"

"That was the most stupid decision I've ever seen anyone make"

But let's try not to completely condemn a coach by name or say "he's the worst coach in the world." The truth is many of these men live and die each and every Friday night from a professional standpoint and very few people have any clue of how much it takes away from their life and health. Criticism goes with the job, but as coaches, we don't want to promote coach bashing in any form on this website. All we are asking is for everyone to think before they type! Talk about the game all you want to... but don't bash players by name or coaches by name!

Thanks!

Boy, sportsguy1976, do we have some issues with Coach Smith or what? Smith won't get the job at FRA...I would dare say he won't even get a interview. I have never heard Smith's name associated with FRA except his children go to school there.....I would look for the job to go to someone on the inisde...would be a great hire...know this, they are not going to run a spread offense at FRA

If they go on the outside and bring in a new Head Coach, does he resign himself to working with the existing Assistant Coaches, or... will he have the latitude to bring in some new Assistant Coaching personnel?

Someone mentioned in an earlier message a coach with great defensive experience would be a good candidate. Defense has never been the problem for FRA. Give Clarke credit for that. The offense just didn't score because of the predictability of play calling.

I have asked Santa for a good Irish Catholic Coach from an all boy's school in a Chicago suburb. But I won't bet five cents it will happen. Santa had some issues with my behavior this year.

Too all the FRA fans MERRY CHRISTMAS AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEW YEAR.